Slant 6 parts

-

niceolddart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am scraping a very rotted parts car & would like opinions on what parts on the engine I should remove, other than the gingerbread like the alternator, P/S pump, distributor, & all bracketry related to all of these things. I have pretty much gutted this thing except for the drivetrain & I don't have the time or space to remove any of it. Is there anything else I should remove from the drivetrain before I cut this thing up & scrap it? It's a 74 Duster, /6 904 & 7 1/4" non Sure-Grip rear & NOT worth fixing. P/S, I am taking the intake & carburetor because it's a 2bbl unit & carb is pretty new. The engine was said to run but I have no use for it & never tried to get it running but looks like clean engine. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks

Make sure you keep the throttle linkage, and the transmission kickdown linkage (including the lever on the trans). Also air cleaner. That way you will have the complete super six setup. Makes it worth more.
I'm thinking maybe the front suspension/brakes, especially if it has disc's.
If AC, the compressor mount and drive.

Make sure you keep the throttle linkage, and the transmission kickdown linkage (including the lever on the trans). Also air cleaner. That way you will have the complete super six setup. Makes it worth more.
I'm thinking maybe the front suspension/brakes, especially if it has disc's.
If AC, the compressor mount and drive.
Car had no air cleaner on it, throttle cable is an aftermarket one, has no A/C & is a drum brake car. I will take the trans. kick down linkage off. I plan on removing the steering box also.

Car had no air cleaner on it, throttle cable is an aftermarket one, has no A/C & is a drum brake car. I will take the trans. kick down linkage off. I plan on removing the steering box also.
If the upper and lower control arms are in decent shape... good LCA cores can by rebuilt and if the uppers aren't bent or roached people will be interested.

-
Back