Slant 6 throttle cable

-

Dartvader440gt

Reaction score
I'm having a tough time trying to locate a /6 throttle cable for a 1965 B-body. I need the extra length over the v8 cables. Are the A-body cable the same length? Stock v8 cables are 20" on the b-body. Con someone post the length of theirs? Thanks.

I need the 65 and earlier cable with the clevis at both ends. 66 on up just has the tiny ball at the gas pedal end. The is the length I'm looking for.

I need the 65 and earlier cable with the clevis at both ends. 66 on up just has the tiny ball at the gas pedal end. The is the length I'm looking for.
I always forget the early A’s use a different cable. You might want to make a parts wanted ad in the classifieds section, but I’m not sure if the length is the same on the early A’s.

From what I see on Mancini Racing's site. The Max Wedge cables are 23.5" and race Hemi's are 25.5". Both with the double clevis ends. That may be what I need to use. I'll have to take some measurements.

You're probably gonna have to do a little fab work. I would look at some of the cables Bouchillon stocks. Lokar sucks.

From what I see on Mancini Racing's site. The Max Wedge cables are 23.5" and race Hemi's are 25.5". Both with the double clevis ends. That may be what I need to use. I'll have to take some measurements.
That’s right, I bet the max wedge would work for you. I know they aren’t cheap though, you might be able to find an original slant six cable on here for a good price.

Edit: don’t listen to me, I’ve only owned one early a: 66 Dart slant six A/C car so it had a cable, but apparently pretty rare to find.

Last edited:
Another place, Tomvansauto says their slant 6 cable is 27.5". I think that is just too long and may bind up. I am going to take a measurement tonight.

I'm having a tough time trying to locate a /6 throttle cable for a 1965 B-body. I need the extra length over the v8 cables. Are the A-body cable the same length? Stock v8 cables are 20" on the b-body. Con someone post the length of theirs? Thanks
The 65 B-body Slant 6 accelerator pedal is a special animal. I believe that you need one of these expensive cables. (Maybe someone has a reasonable OEM unit?) Mopar Throttle Cable NEW 64 65 1964 1965 B Body V8 TC6465BV8 | eBay

I ordered the Max Wedge cable from Mancini. It's 3.5" longer. I'll let you all know how it works.

I've faced this issue both ways - needing a cable that is either longer or shorter than what I had. I had to do some searching to find what I needed, but I ordered from Rock Auto. Their website will give you the cable length measurement. For instance on my truck to go from a 2bbl to a 4bbl, I had to get a shorter cable by about 7". I kept clicking on random vehicles until I found one the right length (it was a late 70's Volare that fit). This is not an efficient process, but it does work.

As long as we're on the subject what length cable do I need to go from a stock 1 bbl to a stock bbd super 6 combo? 85 truck.

-
Back