Slant 6 Truck Dipstick And Tube

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can someone please post a picture of a truck slant 6 dipstick and tube? The kind that goes into the pan, not the block? I think I have one, but I want to be sure. Thanks.

I have a couple of shots handy this morning, and I can get better ones after work if you need them. Here's the first, still in the truck from when I got it. The green arrow shows a bolt that goes through the left motor mount to stabilize the tube. The tube is really long, like 2-1/2 feet or so.

DSCN0704_LI.jpg

Here's another after pulling the engine, but clearly I disconnected the tube for removal and it's just sitting in the hole in the oil pan. It's oriented over by the carb now instead of pointing towards the battery.

DSCN0706.JPG

If these aren't good enough let me know. I still have the original tube in the truck, but I did have to re-shape it a bit to clear the headers, and I know I cut off about 6-8" because it was too long and just hanging out in the engine bay.

Thanks yall. Zach, you weren't kiddin. It is long isn't it? Kitty tells me that all the time. lol

Well, I do need one, since what I have is for a Ford.

-
Back