Slant Six Carburetor Choices

saskatchewan

Reaction score
One upon a time I did a mild slant six build using a Holley 390, Offenhauser Intake with Dutra Duals and I was really happy with the results.
I am contemplating another build but the world has changed over the last 20 years and the carburetor manufacturers are pushing customers toward throttle body injection systems.
Before I start asking folks about "which EFI system is better, FiTech, Holley Sniper, or one of the port systems like from Gil's Welding", I want to get feedback on the current carburetor options out there.
Would some of the spread bore options be viable? I know nothing about Weber carburetors, but can someone suggest a link for appropriate progressive 2 barrels?

upload_2022-9-23_10-33-18.png

Thanks for your feedback

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have the Quick Fuel 450 vacuum secondary on Vixen. It runs extremely well. I like how it has all the screw in air bleeds and idle feed restrictors so you can really zero in on the tune.........and I have. After I put the header on it, I am confident it will suck down a 600 double pumper and if I get one, it'll be a Quick Fuel for the same great adjustability.

crj1968

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I used to sell Weber kits. One was dual webers on a offy intake. Sent one to Dutra years ago. That system can probably still be had through Pierce Manifolds. Spendy and a bit tricky with linkage etc.

BUT We also took a single 2bbl weber and adapted it the slant intake. This worked really well.
One moment...
Ah yes they still carry it: WEBER CONVERSION<br><font color="red">K617</font>

Again there is some linkage to think about (mostly kick-down)

This started life as some sort of Jeep kit and I had them send it to me...with a jet kit. I dialed it in on a manual 225 duster, and then they made that into a new product.

I sold a few dozen of them and never had one come back. Some guys were putting them on fork lifts that had slants in them. (?)
Anyway- it's decent kit, a great carburetor. Maybe a good option for you. Good luck

Oh and the DGV / DGEV are progressive carbs

Last edited:

crj1968

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you can still get this from them but this was installed and dialed in on the same Duster...many, many moons ago...

offy.jpg

Last edited:

Bewy

Reaction score
For Webers,
Redline in Hollywood, CA. Great to deal with & know their products.

Brooks James

VET, CPT, Huey Medevac Pilot
Reaction score
I used to sell Weber kits. One was dual webers on a offy intake. Sent one to Dutra years ago. That system can probably still be had through Pierce Manifolds. Spendy and a bit tricky with linkage etc.

BUT We also took a single 2bbl weber and adapted it the slant intake. This worked really well.
One moment...

This started life as some sort of Jeep kit and I had them send it to me...with a jet kit. I dialed it in on a manual 225 duster, and then they made that into a new product.

I sold a few dozen of them and never had one come back. Some guys were putting them on fork lifts that had slants in them. (?)
Anyway- it's decent kit, a great carburetor. Maybe a good option for you. Good luck

That Weber style carb was on my 74 Capri, 2.8 Liter, worked excellently

volaredon

Reaction score

One moment...

Looks like the Weber in that kit might bolt up directly to a super 6 manifold without the adapter they show?
I hit the link for their page and hit on the link there for Mopars and got an error message and otherwise blank page?
The link above "says" Chevy/GMC" so I suppose someone buying that exact kit would have to adapt to Mopar style linkages?

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Weber in that kit might bolt up directly to a super 6 manifold without the adapter they show?
I hit the link for their page and hit on the link there for Mopars and got an error message and otherwise blank page?
The link above "says" Chevy/GMC" so I suppose someone buying that exact kit would have to adapt to Mopar style linkages?
There's an adapter plate for a Jeep you have to have.

volaredon

Reaction score
I can see it being geared towards BBD on 232/258s on the Jeep side. I don't know why but jeep guys seem to have had a whole lot more problems with BBD's, than Chrysler dodge and Plymouth guys did (pre buyout, they're basically all Mopars" now)