slant six clutches?

-

moper

Reaction score
Are there different clutches for the various slanty vehicles and bellhousings? Is truck and car the same? What diameter are they? Do the pre-66 vehicles have something different? Lastly - who's using what for more performance potential?

With the earlier (60's) slant six you either got the 9 1/4" clutch in cars and some very light truck applications or the 11" clutch in truck only applications. In the late 70's-mid 80's slants with overdrive 4 speeds behind them could be had with 10" clutches in em' which would be a slight upgrade over the 9 1/4" clutch. Bigger isn't always better when it comes to clutch disk diameter, a smaller clutch is lighter and shifts faster but will fade quicker and have less holding power than a larger clutch. If we're talking about a typical stock 6 with the typical performance mods then a stock 10" clutch should be enough. If you feel you need something more than stock contact these guys:http://www.specclutch.com/

i think it was mccloud that makes a new lightened wheel with starter ring.

Thanks guys! That's exactly what I was looking for. Do you know if the late 70s/80s flywheel will fit in the earlier bellhousing or do they need to match? Lastly - on the truck 11" - does the slant bell have a pattern for the A833OD?

Thanks guys! That's exactly what I was looking for. Do you know if the late 70s/80s flywheel will fit in the earlier bellhousing or do they need to match? Lastly - on the truck 11" - does the slant bell have a pattern for the A833OD?

i dont know if it will fit the floor of an a body, the 11" that is

Thanks guys! That's exactly what I was looking for. Do you know if the late 70s/80s flywheel will fit in the earlier bellhousing or do they need to match?

It should they're both 122 tooth flywheels, you just have to match the crank hub size between the flywheel and engine, pre 68 uses a small hub on the crank and 68 and up has the large hub

Lastly - on the truck 11" - does the slant bell have a pattern for the A833OD?

The bolt pattern on the 11" bell wont work with the 833

-
Back