Slant Six Header Pictures

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am looking for pictures of early As with slant sixes and headers. Specifically looking for where the headers transition from the engine compartment to the under side right along side the engine and bellhousing. Preferably long tube, manual transmission, possibly even column shift. I know that just narrowed it WAY down, but I would be grateful. Thank you.

i think its a 65

65 Val headers.jpg

Might have to do something like these 3 into one, dual outlets, going down to 2 pipes that you can custom snake around your column shift linkages.

66 dart 2.JPG

6 header.jpeg

Do you like that aluminum 4 bbl Intake with a Holley 390 carb setup on the first picture to go with your build ???

Yes, the second post is the member I got the headers from. That's the best pictures I have SO FAR. That's an automatic though. I am interested to see how the headers fit with the Z bar in place. I am pretty sure they will not. That is the one thing I will not give up is the column shifted three speed. If I cannot figure out a way around it, I may either leave the car basically stock, or enlarge the manifold outlet on out to 2.5" and use the TTI slant six exhaust. I would love to use the headers, but getting rid of the clutch and or column shift is a deal breaker.

Might have to do something like these 3 into one, dual outlets, going down to 2 pipes that you can custom snake around your column shift linkages.

View attachment 1715377621

View attachment 1715377622

Do you like that aluminum 4 bbl Intake with a Holley 390 carb setup on the first picture to go with your build ???

I don't see how I can do that with long tube headers. My headers are the same as the ones in post #2. And yes, I am looking steadily for a 4 barrel intake and possibly a carburetor. I HAVE a super six setup, but it;s going to need "more than that".

Like your idea of opening up the the exhaust manifold to 2.5" that will make it breath. Big pipe out the back . .

Here is an Offenhauser 4 bbl intake, and Holley Electric Choke 390 CFM for the top side. That will give it the Fuel / Air Juice that it needs. Nice part this Offenhauser will bolt right up to your Slant 6 Exhaust Manifold, just like factory.

Got to use that 4 bbl adapter plate to get the Square Bore Holley to bolt up to the Offenhauser, for the bolt patterns.

Have had this intake manifold around for 30 plus years and have not used it yet. Got to give it up for the greater good and get it to someone who is building a nice performance project. Would like to see it get put to good use.

225 High compression, decent performance cam, great port flow and port velocity.

Sounds like a winner to me.

20190812_180607.jpg

20190812_180917.jpg

20190812_180651.jpg

Icing on the cake for RRR's 225 Slant 6 Performance Build . . .

Like your idea of opening up the the exhaust manifold to 2.5" that will make it breath. Big pipe out the back . .

Here is an Offenhauser 4 bbl intake, and Holley Electric Choke 390 CFM for the top side. That will give it the Fuel / Air Juice that it needs. Nice part this Offenhauser will bolt right up to your Slant 6 Exhaust Manifold, just like factory.

Got to use that 4 bbl adapter plate to get the Square Bore Holley to bolt up to the Offenhauser, for the bolt patterns.

Have had this intake manifold around for 30 plus years and have not used it yet. Got to give it up for the greater good and get it to someone who is building a nice performance project. Would like to see it get put to good use.

225 High compression, decent performance cam, great port flow and port velocity.

Sounds like a winner to me.

View attachment 1715377988

View attachment 1715377989

View attachment 1715377990

Icing on the cake for RRR's 225 Slant 6 Performance Build . . .

That's a nice one, too. IMO, the Offenhauser is the better of the two between it and the Clifford. Even I've said before the Clifford is the "performance" version, but I think that's wrong. The Offenhauser has much closer to equal length runners than the Clifford does. That may be splitting hairs, I don't know, but it certainly appears that way. That's really nice, but I don't know how I can afford it right now. Certainly not on my good looks. LMAO. We're FINALLY getting Kitty's laminate flooring put down. A friend is doing that for us. SO all my "extra" (HA HA) money is going towards that "right now". Maybe if you still have it when I am able to throw somethin your way, we'll get together on it.

I hate to run the project without the headers.........BUT, I REFUSE to modify the car so much that it takes away the 3 on the tree. Ain't doin it. So, maybe I can resell the headers to pay for the intake. Who knows? We'll see what happens.

not interested in the shorty style ( Clifford ) headers? , wait, im not sure you could snake the pipes around that z bar..... might have to consider dutra duals? or making a set of headers yourself? If my kids get their way I will be making one for my car this winter for the turbo.

Just go straight up thru the hood! Problem solved!
Your welcome! Hahaha
I'm kidding btw!

not interested in the shorty style ( Clifford ) headers? , wait, im not sure you could snake the pipes around that z bar..... might have to consider dutra duals? or making a set of headers yourself? If my kids get their way I will be making one for my car this winter for the turbo.

It's awful tight around the z bar and shift linkage. SO much so, I don't really wanna mess with it. lol A manifold will be much more neat and permanent.

I am putting in efi tank and electric fuel pump along with Holley bbl sniper. Right now mechanical fuel pump is not cooperating at idle after getting warmed up. Other than that it is a blast.

Thanks yall. I have decided to let the headers go to @oldmodlover since he was originally interested in them. I am simply not going to modify my car that much. It would take way more than what I want to do and modify the car to get the headers to work. I thank you all for the pictures.

-
Back