Slant six in a Miata ? Why ???

-
Like someone said it's content for his channel. If it gets people clicking and watching...

He has a Valiant and a 66 Dart in his shop, look like good original cars wonder what he'll cook up as ideas for them. That plan z dart I wonder if it will pass tech inspection with all the holes drilled in it. If I didn't know better I'd think Uncle Tony was on bathtub crank...he sure acts like it...

Uh. duh. 'Cause the E30/6 eventually became a class winner.
072-gif.gif

Not that anyone expects Uncle Tony to field a lemons team - but if he gets it running he should.
LeMons Good/Bad Idea of the Week: E30 BMW 325i With Chrysler Slant-Six Power
The Greatest Lemons Cars of All Time - 24 Hours of LEMONS
cool-gif.gif

It was retired in 2015 ( in case anyone cares.. save ya the trouble of looking)

Back in the day, before it turned into a 30 minute commercial, I used to watch Gearz. Back when he actually worked on cars, he took a Miata and put a kit of body panels on it that made it look like some kind of bad *** small Ferrari race car. Then he did a lot of suspension work on it and put a powerful smaller V-8 in it. It was an awesome lookin, screaming little car. like the famous /6, but WHY???

Once a car is at the scrapper here, they won't sell chit.
That Miata should have ended up at the scrapper LOL! Uncle Tony ok, but he's playing around with junk. He has decent cars, a roadrunner, a 340 early 70s roadrunner, that nice 71 swinger that he painted. It leads me to believe the bulk of his audience are junk people.

I wonder though....Why put a slant six in one of those cars? Why not a V6 like a 3.6 Pentastar or an LA series engine?
Opinions?
Not a engine I would choose to do. But, he decided to. I feel it falls under the “Why not” Category. We had a fella here sometime back who decided that a 360 in a Mitsubishi Starion was a good idea. I think that was a car. It was something like that. It worked out for him. It ran low 11’s IIRC.

What MoPar engine would you make fit into an import?
Just because is the reason, or, I have nothing better to do, or...... LOL!

That Miata should have ended up at the scrapper LOL! Uncle Tony ok, but he's playing around with junk. He has decent cars, a roadrunner, a 340 early 70s roadrunner, that nice 71 swinger that he painted. It leads me to believe the bulk of his audience are junk people.
Generally, I like the guy. THIS just screams of a dare or a stupid, drug induced challenge.
I knew a guy from High School that painted his house 4 times in a weekend. He didn't just paint ONE wall then decide he didn't like the color, he painted the whole 1200 square ft exterior....THEN decided that he didn't like the color. After deciding for the 4th time that he didn't like the color, he figured that maybe it was the stucco that he didn't like so he rented a mixer and smeared a layer of mortar over the stucco and had to paint the house a 5th time. He denied the use of drugs.

Generally, I like the guy. THIS just screams of a dare or a stupid, drug induced challenge.
I knew a guy from High School that painted his house 4 times in a weekend. He didn't just paint ONE wall then decide he didn't like the color, he painted the whole 1200 square ft exterior....THEN decided that he didn't like the color. After deciding for the 4th time that he didn't like the color, he figured that maybe it was the stucco that he didn't like so he rented a mixer and smeared a layer of mortar over the stucco and had to paint the house a 5th time. He denied the use of drugs.
Really I don't dislike him, and I think I get what he's doing, trying to be different and marketable, but it creates monsters. Take the guys on American pickers, now everyone is trying to lowball on everything. There will probably be a resurgence of junk cars on the road...:)

I love big american v8s in little foreign cars, but..... thats just stupid. Plain stupid.

yup, but then again...this isnt a V8

I think the slant six is a fine engine for it's intended applications. I don't mind a slanty in a street rod.
It looks stupid to me to butcher a Tic-Tac sports car to put in an engine that will propel the car NO faster than it did with the stock engine.
To me, Hot Rodding is about using parts to improve performance. This is a build reminiscent of an episode of Junkyard Wars where the crew had no choice but to use the only resources they had at their disposal.

man i used to love that show

[QUOTE="diymirage, post: 1973454062, member: 27767"
yup, but then again...this isnt a V8

man i used to love that show[/QUOTE]
Yup, thats my point. I have seen several different v8 swaps into miatas, (not to mention 240sx, 300zx 240z, and multitudes of others, including my two cars) ALL of which make more sense than this abortion.

No way I would put a slant in a Miata. The engine bay is just too short. There is some width, however. The popular V8 swap into them is an LS, but it still expensive even if you do the work yourself because the car HAS to be blown apart for some serious surgery. BUT, in the end you wind up with 400+ horsepower with the same fuel mileage (20 in town, 30 on the highway).

BUT, as the Miata is not a fast car, they are a blast to drive. The absolutely go wherever you point it, but you better not be taller than 5'10" or weigh more than 200 lbs. You WON'T fit. Yes, I owned one for about a year. A truly enjoyable car to drive.

I don't get it so what he wants to play with a 170 /6 and use a miata to do it, if I wanted to see an LS there's ton's of other guys doing it, at the worse he'll show what not to do lol.

Simple. His original plan to drive it as it was fell through as the original motor was junk. So he is swapping in a slant as he already has enough hot rods. I say go for it, what’s it hurt?

I like it. I hope he gets it running and driving.
It’s not something I would do, but entertaining to watch while I’m on the crapper, or eating a bowl of cereal or doing the dishes.

I think it’s kinda cool. But I really want info on that 4wd looking 4 door Valiant in the back ground!!

I wonder how much heat will come through the "dog box" he fabbed for it...he'll drive around the block, get out and complain about the heat.

I think it’s kinda cool. But I really want info on that 4wd looking 4 door Valiant in the back ground!!
He'll get back on it. He jumps around alot. I think he's entering it in a race or something. There's a date he has planned for it to run. What little I know is, its the valiant shell on a 70 Ish Dodge truck frame that was sectioned, and he fabbed the floor. That's about all he's done with it.

Well I really don't like him or his channel and putting a /6 into a Miata only pours gas onto that sentiment... So many better options...

-
Back