@slantsixdan any opinion on these LED lights?

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
@slantsixdan what's you opinion on these LED headlights? any good or garbage? H6024 Dual Beam Sealed Beam LED Headlight Conversion Kit

1670204381819.png

Count on it. He'll have an opinion. lol

That is, unless he's not seen them yet.

Complete garbage. Those aren't LED headlamps; they're H4 halogen headlamps with bogus "LED bulbs". Useless, dangerous, illegal trinkets. Do not buy.

It is (still) a pointless waste of time climbing the tall mountain of fetid junk on the vehicle lighting market, picking up random bits off it and going "What about these? What about these? What about these? Ooh, hey, I saw these on YouTube, what about these?".

There are several good, legitimate LED headlamps to fit A-bodies. Most of them are made in the USA. These are the best ones. These and these and these are good, too. This one is passable. There are useless Chinese knockoffs of all of these, too.

Last edited:
thanks, i hadn't seen those before.. figured i'd ask...

There are several good, legitimate LED headlamps to fit A-bodies. Most of them are made in the USA. These are the best ones. These and these and these are good, too. This one is passable. There are useless Chinese knockoffs of all of these, too.

man those are so ugly. wish someone would make a good LED light that actually looks like it belongs in an older car.

Slantsixdan is the man for this stuff!

Thanks Dan!

man those are so ugly. wish someone would make a good LED light that actually looks like it belongs in an older car.

That word "good" there is carrying a lot of weight. There's a line of Chinese-made headlite-shaped things, sold by Holley, that look more or less like old-fashioned headlamps. They're fine if you don't drive at night (in which case, so are cruddy sealed beams). The sad part is, it would not have cost more to do it right.

Now if only somebody would develop such a product with actual, appropriately knowledgeable engineering as one of the ingredients…!

If You're concerned more with aesthetics, find a quality sealed beam,.....good luck, You'll need it. Every sealed beam I've purchased over the last 10yrs or so has had a barely better than 50/50 chance of the epoxy failing. And the lens accuracy sucked on a number of them, looked like they were made in a backyard sandbox.

If You're concerned more with aesthetics, find a quality sealed beam,.....good luck, You'll need it. Every sealed beam I've purchased over the last 10yrs or so has had a barely better than 50/50 chance of the epoxy failing. And the lens accuracy sucked on a number of them, looked like they were made in a backyard sandbox.
already running relays with ge nighthawks and they are good. figured if i could go led id do it.

Killer6 is right. There are no worthy sealed beams made any more. Haven't been for at least 20 years, but they've got even worse over the last five—the American sealed beam industry no longer exists, and the tooling was allowed to get even more decrepit than it already was, before it was finally scrapped. Now any sealed beam you buy, no matter the brand, is a pathetic joke from China, not even close to capable of putting out even minimally adequate light (beam focus? Har har har), and they break if you fart in their general direction. The GE Night Hawk was the last decent sealed beam on the market, when they were made in USA; the Chinese ones are the same junk as all the rest.

If you gotta-just-gotta have sealed beams, go get on Fleabay and pick off an auction like this, this, this, this, or this. You're looking for '70s-early '90s packaging, from when the tooling was still in good condition. Prefer GE, Philips, or Westinghouse; Wagner is a second preference, and avoid Sylvania.

already running relays with ge nighthawks and they are good. figured if i could go led id do it.
Yeah, I get it, the Grote unit looks as close to "normal/old school" as they come at present.
I had inquired of Dan the best modern fog lamp in a round configuration, no rectangles or odd shapes, to fit the vibe of the '64 GT's I have. As it happens, the best is actually a Modern Mopar OE, used in a couple of models. '17 Pacifica & others.

Those Pacifica fogs are pretty good. These little-known Subaru ones are even better, and they're even yellow, just like the Bible says fog lamps shalt be.

IKI SY LED F3 fog.jpg

You'd think someone could make a relatively stock appearing lens/reflector assembly with an LED light source..

I guessed way back in the early '00's that it could be a lucrative market even to make an old school "bulb" with a replaceable, modern element.

Guess I was wrong.

I guess everyone in the market for replacement/upgrade T3 style lamps wants the "fast and furious/next buy will be 22" wheels" bling look.

Are there any decent 7" H4 conversion lamps that aren't Chinese Trash? I'm not feeling the LED love.

I'm also in the market for a set of near-laser focus lamps that will fit in a fog light hole, that will make **** a mile away burst into flame.

Not for lighting, just for turning on when these assholes refuse to shut off their high beams after I flash them. Fuckers need to spend some time in Ray Charles' shoes to learn their lesson.

Are there any decent 7" H4 conversion lamps that aren't Chinese Trash? I'm not feeling the LED love.

I'm also in the market for a set of near-laser focus lamps that will fit in a fog light hole, that will make **** a mile away burst into flame.

Not for lighting, just for turning on when these assholes refuse to shut off their high beams after I flash them. Fuckers need to spend some time in Ray Charles' shoes to learn their lesson.
Ive had good luck with a brand called auxito
I run em in several vehicles, including the plow truck

-
Back