Slow build 71 Scamp 440

-
Ehh, that's easy-if you found a complete and functional (usable) A or early B body 8 3/4 for $300 that's a deal IMO...even if it's a highway geared open diff.

Ok Cars home. Border was a breeze. Don't let anyone tell you it's a hassle. As long as you have your paper work it’s no trouble at all.
Just waiting to hear back from the shop now.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Last edited:
Any ideas on these scoops, I need to either fill or sand out some minor scratches. I think fill would be the way to go. Don't want to loose any more material. Glaze?? Also I have the mounting spots for the 340 emblems but it will be a 440. Do they make 440 scoop emblems? Or just go 340 sleeper ;-) I can't seem to find any. Also need nuts, are they special or can I lob on some regular nuts and maybe rubber washers to keep the vibrations from cracking the studs out. Still not sure if I'll use the chrome inserts. Also mounting these are going to be nerves racking. I know a guy has a template for sale but its going to cost over 60.00 cad to get it to me. Still an option though. Flat black I'm thinking. Thoughts??

Attachments

• cdv_photo_001.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 299
  • photo_001.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 305
  • photo_002.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 297
  • photo_003.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 307
  • photo_004.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 305
  • photo_005.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 305
I called the Machinist. Block is good and will be bored 30 over and have all the goodies installed. Cam bearings, frost plugs ect. Line honing was not needed. Another member mentioned it wouldn't be needed. He is only decking it enough to clean it up. Also the rods and crank are good. Now is there anything else I should have done to it??

Torque plates and squaring it up. :)
Also order 1/4 window seals and scoop hardware today. :) looking forward to drilling holes in my hood. :-(

-
Back