Small Ball Joint Socket

-

HTMLmopars

Reaction score
What options are out there for the small ball joints? Is the only option the one from PST? Or is there a parts store rental piece that'll work on the smaller size? I used a crescent wrench and one of the legs from a hoist to get the old BJs off, but I want to make sure I get the new ones torqued to spec, which isn't going to happen with that setup.

I never have had to torque them down and have never had one fail. But if you want some added insurance, put a tack weld on the BJ and control arm. Put it some where that you can grind the weld(s) off in the future.

What options are out there for the small ball joints? Is the only option the one from PST? Or is there a parts store rental piece that'll work on the smaller size? I used a crescent wrench and one of the legs from a hoist to get the old BJs off, but I want to make sure I get the new ones torqued to spec, which isn't going to happen with that setup.

Just tighten them down Tight, as you can.
Don't worry about it, don't loose any sleep over it.
Yes, the proper socket works wonders, and makes the job easier.

Thanks for the quick replies. Looks like I'll just leave the BJs the way they are, as tight as I could get them with what I had

-
Back