Small block 727 torque convertor

-

Markzilla88

Reaction score
Well so my transmission is getting rebuilt, and the shop says he won’t buy a stall convertor to put in it bc then he’d be liable if it blows up and “they just don’t build no good ones anymore”. He’ll install it, just won’t buy it. Previous owner has a 2,800-3000 hughs convertor in there.
Does anyone know of any really well built convertors, in the range of 2800-3000 for a 727 hooked to a 360.
Thank you

Turbo Action and Coan still make good converters. They both have tech help to make sure you get what you need.

Well so my transmission is getting rebuilt, and the shop says he won’t buy a stall convertor to put in it bc then he’d be liable if it blows up and “they just don’t build no good ones anymore”. He’ll install it, just won’t buy it. Previous owner has a 2,800-3000 hughs convertor in there.
Does anyone know of any really well built convertors, in the range of 2800-3000 for a 727 hooked to a 360.
Thank you
Probably need a new tranny guy if he doesn’t know of any good converters, but that’s a different conversation.
These guys built great ones with warranty.
Street Racer Series Torque Converter - 9.5" for 727 - TF8

Yeah if I can use the current converter I will for sure. He’s taking the transmission apart on Tuesday so I’ll see what he comes back with to report on. Either way, I’m keeping this converter and will send it out to get rehabbed and will use it in a 727 rebuild I’d like to do on another trans.
Thanks for the info

-
Back