Small block distributor gear ?

-
Summit, Mancini ....
The brass bushing right?

someone posted something on Moparts iirc that aftermarket ones do not need sizing/burnishing and parts house ones do (or vice versa). Unfortunately I did not pay attention there on that one

We just installed a Mancini one.... drove it in with an older shaft; did not take much force, just modest taps. A brand new shaft was just a tiny a bit tight in the new bushing, so we reinserted the old shaft and lightly drove it through the bushing 4 times while holding a bit of side force on it, with the side force applied at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock on each successive drive. This procedure slightly expanded the bushing so that the new shaft just dropped into place with about .001-.002" play. (That play was estimated by hand feel.)

About three weeks ago I ordered three from Amazon.

There is a tool for this right?
I swear I seen one.

there is a burnishing tool for this. some guys just drive an old intergear in to size it & then if your new intergear spins free/no slop you are good. I would freeze the bushing overnight in the freezer before installing it then check the intergear fit & go from there. The tool would be the best/professional way to size it

-
Back