small block intake comparison list/chart

-

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
I am looking for the small block intake comparison chart/list someone made that had the port sizes, carb heights, etc. in it but cannot find it. Does anyone have a link to that thread, I've seen it on here before but didn't save the location.

The reason I am asking is I am going to do a shaker setup on my 318 71 ebody and want to get the correct intake height, or close to it, using the best manifold that will fit. Engine is being rebuilt and will get the ProMax aluminum heads from Marsh Perf., right now I have a thermoquad carb but not against changing it to a square bore for the right intake.

Thanks,
Mark

I am pretty sure getting a shaker to work on the first try, requires a factory intake.

That's why the chart is so helpful. It has the heights of the factory manifolds as well, plus the weights of each.

I have a neighbor that has a few factory shaker cars, over the years we played with different intakes.
Basically nothing fit but the factory parts.
The guy was hard core on the shakers, had OEM hoods in stacks sitting around his place.

318's and 340's have different mounts. However I don't know if they have the same installed height. Just something to figure out/consider if fractions of an inch matter.

There are several different Shaker applications... 340 , 440 , 440/6 and Hemi... all of them will have different carb heights.

-
Back