Small block Oil pump options

-

SS Lancer

Reaction score
Other than a Melling high volume oil pumps what other options are available for in pan pumps for high rpm engines.

Are you running a rear sump/truck pan? If so, the Direct Connection kit with long (HV) gears and a special recessed billet cover. It fits on any stock or standard M-72 replacement pump housing/body. You plug the pump pickup inlet with a pipe plug and then fab a pickup screen DIRECTLY feeding the gears through the cover. Pick pipe length and strainer to suit the sump. Those covers show up on Ebay all the time.

These are some old Milodon parts that apply:

2018-09-22 00.40.48.jpg

2018-09-22 00.40.55.jpg

2018-09-22 00.41.04.jpg

2018-09-22 00.41.11.jpg

I gotta find an old enough MoPar Performance catalog, they are at home and I'm at the shop. The MP/Direct Connection one was anodized blue and shaped like a Pentastar, unlike the round Milodon ones I posted the pictures of.
Thank you

That's it!! Your handbook shows the pipe extension and all! I am keeping these, but I may have a spare. I will try and post the MP/DC part number when I get to my old catalog stash so you can search Ebay and other online sources.

That's it!! Your handbook shows the pipe extension and all! I am keeping these, but I may have a spare. I will try and post the MP/DC part number when I get to my old catalog stash so you can search Ebay and other online sources.
Ten 4
Thank you

I got these in individual Ebay auctions over the years, you have to be diligent. Most people that have them and list them for sale have no idea what they are used for..LOL!

I got these in individual Ebay auctions over the years, you have to be diligent. Most people that have them and list them for sale have no idea what they are used for..LOL!
Got cha
Ok I understand about finding odd stuff when I get part numbers I will start horting up some.

Are you running a rear sump/truck pan? If so, the Direct Connection kit with long (HV) gears and a special recessed billet cover. It fits on any stock or standard M-72 replacement pump housing/body. You plug the pump pickup inlet with a pipe plug and then fab a pickup screen DIRECTLY feeding the gears through the cover. Pick pipe length and strainer to suit the sump. Those covers show up on Ebay all the time.
Good option

They have a cover I see, which you could modify with the bottom inlet using an aluminum pipe bung TIG-welded in the strategic spot.
I have a little time to find kit
I put a ( APB) out for a complete kit on my Mopar FB pages so we see what pops up thank you again .

I remember seeing them in the DC catalogs but did not notice the pickup relaocation element.

Are you sure you really need anything special. How quick are you looking to go and what rpm. Tricks are for rabbits. 9.40’s here at 138 mph with a melling pump and zero tricks shifting at 7000 ever pass.

Can you run a truck sump pan in a abody with orginal k frame?

Good question. I think I have one downstairs from a project but not sure I've ever tried it. I've always had Dusters except for my 1982 Dodge charger and 1991 Daytona and I know I didn't have it for either of those.

My engine came out of a truck and I was under the impression I had to switch to a car pan and pickup tube!?! The truck is a rear sump and the car is a middle if I remember correctly.

Here is a pump I picked up off a member last year, I thought I had a picture of it refinished, swinging pick up

Oil Pump.jpg

-
Back