Small block / power glide flex plate

-

Jerry gray

Reaction score
Has anyone used a ried case power glide with a Mopar Bell on a small block Mopar. I'm having trouble getting a flex plate that fits. I tried jw performance .sent the converter to them and got my converter back and no flex plate.bought one from ATI and the converter hits the flex plate before the bell reaches the block. Any help with this would be appreciated. I contacted Eric@ jw performance he told me to send him the converter the mounting pads needed to be 10 3/4 inch spacing.and he would get me a flex plate.he billed me$177 and sent it back with no flex plate.and it cost $55 to send it to him. I'm not happy with Eric. I got ATI to send one and it doesn't work.i thought this was a common swap.looks.like the converter mount pads have enough material to machine 1/4" and it will give me a gap@ the flex plate.its about 1/8" from the block when converter touches the plate

15715832992342489590647148233776.jpg

There are a few companies that make flex plate adapters for many mismatched combinations of engine and transmission....TCI is one of them, Wilcap is another.

I finally found the problem.ried changed their bell housing in about 2008.they made the bell housing and the flex plate as a set.they stopped making flex plates and changed the bell housing. I'm the unlucky one that got a $200 lesson on the history of Reid bell housings. I have a 1998 bell and the block flange to the pump is 7.84" I don't know yet what the newer version is.and believe it or not jw performance is the people that figured it out.ried didn't even get it rt. Still don't have a plate yet.but it's looking better

Eric would have a transmission size hole in his front door.

-
Back