Small block Trick flow heads

-
Church in the morning but I will try to take some pictures and post in the afternoon

Me too, Brother !
I clamped this on to keep the drill from 'drifting' on some of the holes that were next to the original W5 pattern.. Tube is 7/16 ID to support the drill bit.
20180120_182235.jpg

sorry for the double pictures but my desk-top computer froze and i had to finish from my phone.

Pittsburgracer,
That's less chaotic than the W5 pattern..
Here's a pic of a Std gskt placed over the W5 SP. The end holes match, but the rest are totally hit n miss. Imagine what that looked like when I was done..

20180119_152438.jpg

gasket is bigger than the ports except at the bottom (intake upside down) slide the gasket down a smidge
what's the problem
Old school do not want the intake bigger than the head
but the 318 4bbls used the big intake on the small heads so what do I know
if you have to make a choice the top (roof) is more important than the bottom (floor)

gasket is bigger than the ports except at the bottom (intake upside down) slide the gasket down a smidge
what's the problem
Old school do not want the intake bigger than the head
but the 318 4bbls used the big intake on the small heads so what do I know
if you have to make a choice the top (roof) is more important than the bottom (floor)

Or you can port match your intake to your ported heads for the perfect match

you can port match as a step down the road
push rod pinch next or port match does not help much, and roof helps most and any mis matches on the sides
I do not usually see where smaller intake and larger head hurts till you go full blown porting, and I'd only do that much work on a "heads up" class not brackets
life's too short

Or you can port match your intake to your ported heads for the perfect match

Exactly right. In fact, the ports were raised .100 to prevent a dip in CSA.

Pittsburgracer, did you see how badly out of whack the OE W5 holes were drilled? They didn't even match the gaskets shipped with the manifold. LOL

Exactly right. In fact, the ports were raised .100 to prevent a dip in CSA.

Pittsburgracer, did you see how badly out of whack the OE W5 holes were drilled? They didn't even match the gaskets shipped with the manifold. LOL

Ya I see that. You should see some of the Cometic Gaskets I got for my 360-1 heads. Right from Cometic even after two attempts and two or three phone calls. Pathetic with a capital P

I just use the regular gaskets and cut the bolt holes as needed. In this world of high performance, everything needs to be modified for use.

I think i have seen them used on a Magnum head somewhere also so if they are available to fit magnums i bet the magnum mountingbosses can be cut down and holes corrected to work with a LA but thats sort of stretching it.

BTW are there no more M1 intakes? M1 singleplanes are not bad at all.
Yes Indy makes a intake for magnum heads. I just got mine back from having it gasket ported. If you can buy a magnum m1 intake for 400-400 I say but it. When I bought my Indy intake last year any m1 magnum intake I could find was listed for $600 . I lucked out and found a guy needing money, I bought my Indy intake for 300 shipped. I think they are over 500 new now.

Not according to their website.

They charged my account today and sent me info on proper head studs and bolts yesterday. Howard at trick flow has been pretty spot on with his timeline. Just like he said the website would show May for a ship date... Even though they would ship at the end of this week when they charged the account.

anyone have an actual link to the heads? Maybe i'm not looking right but all I find is BB heads on trick flow and summit's site

-
Back