Small block valve cover shims?

-

couper 340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
looking to use a set 3/8 or 1/2'' small block la valve cover shims for clearance issues with my intake.

Last edited by a moderator:
i put shims they are spacers
Resized_20210405_163008(1).jpeg

If you need those, you're running a much bigger cam & roller rockers than I am on my bracket car & I don't need any spacers. I'm running a Comp .690 intake, .660 exhaust & Harlan Sharp roller lifters.

Grind the intake or covers. Spacers blow. Only use as last resort in my opinion. Just another item to leak. Very common for the mopar covers to hit the intake runner and need a little massaging.

yeah had that happen before and cut the intake was looking for a way around it

yeah you wright i don't have it bolted on so cheaper cut it .

Grind the intake or covers. Spacers blow. Only use as last resort in my opinion. Just another item to leak. Very common for the mopar covers to hit the intake runner and need a little massaging.
He is absolutely correct = Cut the manifold!

If you need those, you're running a much bigger cam & roller rockers than I am on my bracket car & I don't need any spacers. I'm running a Comp .690 intake, .660 exhaust & Harlan Sharp roller lifters.

You must be running tall valve covers .
My HS adjusters would hit the baffles on DC chrome covers even using thick gaskets . .648 lift and 1.6 rockers.

I just bought a set of those spacers for the 360 magnum in my Durango as I'm not spending $249 for alum valve covers so i can put my1.7 rockers onto it. Bought from same guy you show the ebay ad from

Just double up whatever valve cover gaskets you’re using. I needed a small amount of baffle to rocker adjuster clearance on my Moroso alloy covers. Threw on a set of the black rubber/fiber Felpros (that most hate) along with the Mr Gasket Ultra Seals. Got the clearance needed and have no leak issues. If you’re worried about another joint possibly leaking just wipe on a thin skim coat of ultra black between the two gaskets and lightly/evenly compress till cured then bolt things up like normal. Might be all you need for intake clearance?

Last edited:
-
Back