Small Bolt Pattern 14" Ralley Wheels for Factory Front Disk Brakes?

-

My71Duster

Reaction score
What 14x6 (5x4 small bolt pattern) wheels will fit my 71 Duster with factory front disk brakes? Coker makes Ralley wheels but they specify "not for disk brakes". My goal is to use E70x14 tires and I need suitable wheels (must be small bolt pattern).

Factory 14x5.5 SBP rally wheels fit over factory disc brakes. And the E70-14 tires fit fine also.

Also stock 14x5.5 J and 14x4.5 J steel wheels fit over stock KH 4 piston front disks

That is strange, why would they make a wheel that doesn't fit disc brakes but all the factory small bolt ralley's did?

That is strange, why would they make a wheel that doesn't fit disc brakes but all the factory small bolt ralley's did?
They did this to impress their boss and get their bonus. The “higher ups“ in the company don’t care about those silly details.

What 14x6 (5x4 small bolt pattern) wheels will fit my 71 Duster with factory front disk brakes? Coker makes Ralley wheels but they specify "not for disk brakes". My goal is to use E70x14 tires and I need suitable wheels (must be small bolt pattern).

Hello Sir,
I purchased Coker's Mopar14x6 Silver Rallye wheel (4.0" B.S.) P/N MRYS146 in 2019. I have them with Goodyear E70x14s on my '70 Duster 340 with factory front disc brakes and they work fine. Below is Coker's item description. The only thing I can think is perhaps Coker is referring only to the Valiant...i.e. the small bolt pattern was used on Valiants without disc brakes. Perhaps the '63 to '72 Valiants did not have factory disc brakes.(???) All I do know, these wheels fit front disc brakes on a '70 Duster.

Coker's item description: This silver powder coated 14x6 inch Mopar Rallye wheel is a great choice for your Mopar using the small 5x4 inch bolt pattern. The small pattern was used on 1963 to 1972 Dodge Dart, Demon and Swinger as well as 1963 to 1972 Plymouth Barracuda, 'Cuda, Duster and Valiant without disc brakes. It was also used on 1971 to 1975 Plymouth Valiant, Duster and Scamp with drum brakes. These premium wheels are made in the USA.

Hope this helps! Ed

If I may suggest....Run G70x14s with 14x6 wheels on the rear if you want a little rake along the body line and more width from the rear view. I really like it, anyway.

You can bet that Coker's wheels were made by Specialty Wheel. I have run those 14x6 rallys with factory K/H discs and Stainless Steel Brake's set up using 10 inch drum spindles for many years and never had any problemss

Hello Sir,
I purchased Coker's Mopar14x6 Silver Rallye wheel (4.0" B.S.) P/N MRYS146 in 2019. I have them with Goodyear E70x14s on my '70 Duster 340 with factory front disc brakes and they work fine. Below is Coker's item description. The only thing I can think is perhaps Coker is referring only to the Valiant...i.e. the small bolt pattern was used on Valiants without disc brakes. Perhaps the '63 to '72 Valiants did not have factory disc brakes.(???) All I do know, these wheels fit front disc brakes on a '70 Duster.

Coker's item description: This silver powder coated 14x6 inch Mopar Rallye wheel is a great choice for your Mopar using the small 5x4 inch bolt pattern. The small pattern was used on 1963 to 1972 Dodge Dart, Demon and Swinger as well as 1963 to 1972 Plymouth Barracuda, 'Cuda, Duster and Valiant without disc brakes. It was also used on 1971 to 1975 Plymouth Valiant, Duster and Scamp with drum brakes. These premium wheels are made in the USA.

Hope this helps! Ed
Thank you, you told me exactly what I needed to hear. For what it's worth, you have been more of a help than the folks at Coker Tire. Thank you.

By the way, I purchased the 14" 5x4 small bolt pattern Ralley wheels from Coker despite their description stating they are meant to be used on cars without disk brakes. They fit my 71 Duster (with factory KH non-power disk brakes) just fine.

By the way, I purchased the 14" 5x4 small bolt pattern Ralley wheels from Coker despite their description stating they are meant to be used on cars without disk brakes. They fit my 71 Duster (with factory KH non-power disk brakes) just fine.
My71Duster,
Any pics of those Coker rallyes on your Duster with the trim rings and center caps seated. Do the rings seat up against the wheel center like the factory setup or do they have a gap? Saw a few pics on a different thread showing factory rallyes with rings seated and a set of the "Wheel Vintiques" with the rings installed and the Wheel Vintiques version had a pretty good gap between the rings and wheel center. Also didn't look like the trim rings seated all the way against the outside wheel lip on the Vintiques. I think Toolmanmike posted the comparison pictures in that thread.

Wondering if the Coker (Specialty Wheels) wheel trim ring combo fit together any better.

Thanks

As far as the trim rings fitting tight to the rim I believe they are supposed to stand off a little to accommodate wheel weights used in the wheel balancing process. If not you would run the risk of the trim ring not being seated properly and possibly flying off creating havic. I also believe people keep trying to beat them on until flush with no success resulting in a lot of very badly dented trim rings for sale at swap meets and making the aftermarket parts owners lots of money. Just my rant on this subject, you may disagree.

As far as the trim rings fitting tight to the rim I believe they are supposed to stand off a little to accommodate wheel weights used in the wheel balancing process. If not you would run the risk of the trim ring not being seated properly and possibly flying off creating havic. I also believe people keep trying to beat them on until flush with no success resulting in a lot of very badly dented trim rings for sale at swap meets and making the aftermarket parts owners lots of money. Just my rant on this subject, you may disagree.

?? Somehow the system lost the comments during the post.

I am not familiar enough with the mopar rallyes to know the fitment details. This is my first mopar resoration. I did get in touch with Chad over at Coker and he said that there wheels were also by "Wheel Vintiques". Not sure why their website says that their brand is "Specialty Wheel" on the mopar rallyes?

For me I prefer not to see the gap between the trim ring and the wheel center section. I think it's a cleaner and more professional appearance but that's just me. I would like to see someone make these wheel with trim rings that made them fit together like the factory OEM that toolmanmike posted in another thread on a parallel topic. They would need to make a trim ring for each back set to do it but I think they only offer (3) different wheel widths/back sets.

Not trying to complain and absolutely not intended that way. Just an observation from my perspective and my own personal preferences.

-
Back