small bolt pattern center bore?

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
hey guys

im looking at buying a set of wheels for the front of my 71 duster
it has the small bolt pattern, 9 inch drum hubs and scarebird brake conversion

i figured 15X5 would be plenty, they come with 2.5 inches of backspacing, should be good right?

anyway, US indy no longer stocks them, but they can drill them to size, which makes me want to know, what size should the center bore be?

right now ive got 15x7 us indys sbp coming from summit for the front of 72 duster, 5x4s, 3.5 bs, should work i think, ive got 15 x7 bbp on front of 72 demon with no issues

p215/70r15 cooper cobra radials on front of demon, will go same size on duster but use mickey thompsons

just for fun, i checked what is on there now

im running 195-70/14s on 14X7s with 3.5 inches of backspacing
so, 15X7s with 3.5 BS should work, right?
i just need to figure out what tires fit
i had borrowed a set from someone on C/L and they rubbed, but silly me, i didnt bother write down what tires or BS they were

aftermarket wheels use a large center hole for wide range of fits and the bolt patterns are put in at a different time and piece of equipment . unless its a special casting . but that said the center reg hole for an early a body is 2 5/16 '' . this size fits the kh disc , 10'' drum , 9'' drum hubs . hope it helps .
DSC01185.JPG

oh ya i have a set of 14x7 in 4'' bc
DSC01723.JPG
us indy's from back in the day , that are polished . if anyone is interested .

shipping would only hurt once , but tires might hurt every time . we ran 215/60-14's on a duster with the same rim on the nose , it had disc brakes so the track is wider , with the 10'' drums we had 225/60-14's without rolling up the fender lips , there glass fenders . before n after grille change .
DSC00369.JPG
DSC08627.JPG

If I were to go with 15x7s with 3.5 B'S (these should be available in sbp) what would be a good tire size to go with?

I was gonna ask you about that, how long have they been on back order for?
Did they change dates on you before?
And, if you're getting tires from them, did they charge you for them yet?

215 by what?
I will probably stick with 195 or 205 because I think my discs add about 1/4 inch track per side

Have changed dates twice, theyve ssaid they wont charge me til they have them.im running discs also.215/70

summit came through, theyre on the way!
did you get a tracking number? mine got bumped out to 4-9 (same day my wife is due, if in gonna have to choose between slapping some new tires on the duster, or spending a few hours in a delivery room, i might end up in hot water)

-
Back