Small Bolt Pattern Wheels Don't Fit Wilwood Disc Conversion

-
I'm not opposed to the 10" drums, I just hate the fact I already did everything and now am screwed. Don't you need to source a new spindle for the 10"?
I feel Ya there brother, never a happy day undoing something You just did. And yes, You are correct, You'd need to swap knuckle/spindles to hop up to 10". That one should be easy
w/so many swapping late model knuckles/arms/brakes onto the older A's like Yours. If I had a set I'd send 'em to Ya for the cost of shippin' 'em, but both My GT's came w/the 9".
I did want to switch to LBP 'cause I do drive crazy, so I've got 11.75" disc's up front & 10"x2.5" drums(for now) out back.
The way I see it You've got three upgrades available;
1) Find the OE 10" drums & related, they will stop very well for any normal driving.
2) Find the OE K-H front disc set-up & related, extra very well stopping & insurance for any extreme circumstance.
3) Get the Scarebird setup & related(which also requires the 10" knuckles), same as above w/easier to find componentry(for now #rotors).

just did the scarebird on a 65 valiant , very happy with the results. took about 6 hours in the garage as i also changed out the single pot master and front brake lines at the same time . rock auto has previa rotors under $10 each and celebrity calipers for under $20 each. A ton of upgraded pads and rotors are available. 3rd conversion i've done and used different 14" smallbolt wheels each time , slots , ralleys and outlaw 2"s all cleared the calipers.

do you remember the part number on the studs you used?
and i dont think ive heard of using previa rotors with this setup, did they still require the hubcentric ring?

i'll have to look up the studs # , it comes with the centering ring

I just finished installing a scare bird kit on my 64 barracuda. front disc kit and rear are the stock 9” drums. Bought a MC, prop valve and booster from right stuff. Fits great behind my Crager SST rims. 14x6. I have 1 issue. The brake pedal will not return. I need to use my foot to bring it back up.

Any ideas on what might be causing this issue?
Thanks

i installed mopar wheels custom made by stockton on my front wildwood setup .... register is larger than wildwood center hub... so the studs center the wheel ... are you guys saying this is not a good way to go ?.... are you saying i will have a vibration ?... or are the studs going to fracture due to carrying the load ?

I just finished installing a scare bird kit on my 64 barracuda. front disc kit and rear are the stock 9” drums. Bought a MC, prop valve and booster from right stuff. Fits great behind my Crager SST rims. 14x6. I have 1 issue. The brake pedal will not return. I need to use my foot to bring it back up.

Any ideas on what might be causing this issue?
Thanks

Hmm this is what I have been looking for. I currently have a 69 Dart with 14" Cragers SS rims, hopefully this will work because everyone else says MBM, SSBC will not work.

just modify the centers of the rims to fit , or go to k/h's . you will need spindle out .

I run wilwood sbp disc set up on my 68 dart ..15inch autodrags perfect fit

20171018_192914.jpg

I fixed the pedal issue. This booster has an adjustable rod. Adjusted it out about 1/4 inch. Rebleed the brakes. Works great now. With the Scarebird kit, the black clips the hold the outer pads on the caliper rub a bit on inside of the rims so I bought 3mm aluminum spacers. The fit is perfect.

I used the SSBC kit on my '71 Dart GT replacing the 10" front drums. My 14" X 5 1/2" small bolt pattern Rallye Wheels fit perfectly but, I've been kicking around the idea of running factory 14" X 5 1/2" STEEL WHEELS with the red-line dog dish hubcaps, but I'm not sure they will clear.

Does the SSBC kit clear the 14" X 5 1/2" STEEL WHEELS?

-
Back