-
Status
Not open for further replies.

abodyjoe

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Contact seller
i'm looking for a smaller (500cfm?) carter carb that will work on my poly 318 4 bbl manifold..

thanks,
joe

12809566_10153576550189862_3319765225338076265_n.jpg

What diameter are the secondary holes on the manifold? I have a 625 cfm AFB on my 360 currently I'd be willing to sell, not sure if that would work for you off the top of my head but it does work perfectly just a bolt-on-and-go deal.

part number on the intake looks to be.. 1859229

looks like the holes are about 1 3/4" hard to tell was dark as hell when i measured them..

I know it will fit, since it is an original 318 Power Pack AFB. It is small and needs work. The funky choke pull off is stuck and disconnected. Measure your bores carefully as they will limit your selection unless you use an adapter.

Just match the bore pattern to a newer gasket and use the inner bolt pattern on a 625. The early carbs that actually fit that have the small air horn anyway so you will have a better air cleaner situation with the newer stuff.

I will warn those who have not really worked on the oem poly 318 set ups, that the bore spacing is NARROWER on oem carbs than all other AFB carbs. SO beware on interchange.
Airhorn has nothing to do with it.

I will warn those who have not really worked on the oem poly 318 set ups, that the bore spacing is NARROWER on oem carbs than all other AFB carbs. SO beware on interchange.

Is there a plate sold do you can run something like a Holley ?

Sorry but you are a little off base and yes I have had several poly engines in both single and dual quad. I only mentioned the air horn in relation to choice of air cleaners. (I made that clear) The AFB carbs sold today have the standard and narrow pattern. I gasket matched the intake on my 354 Hemi in just the same way I described and the newer carb bolts onto the 50s era manifold NO PROBLEM. Do plan on spending a bit of time with a carbide burr though. If you do end up with the early small throat carb the single snorkel air cleaners from the later model larger two barrel engines (360-400) will fit.

DSCF5834.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back