Smittybuilt Seats

-

srduster340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I plan to replace my bench seat with buckets as I plan to install a T56 Magnum soon. I've been looking at Smittybuilt 49501's intended for Jeep applications for $198 each on 4wheelparts. They
s-l400.jpg
look to be a copy of Procar Elite 1100's but they dont come with sliders and the recline feature is accomplished by a turn knob. Anyone know anything about these?

Last edited:
Is Flofit still around? They made a seat like that and IIRC the mounting was pretty close to working with stock. They were in Riverside calif. and used to advertise in the back of Carcraft etc.
Actually looking at your photo again, Flofit has a little more lumbar support IIRC. Doubt I have any pics but I'll look.

Those look the same as the old Bestop seats I put in my Jeep over 15 years ago. They have held up pretty well over the years. I don't believe the backs will tilt forward, so if you want rear passenger access it's going to be a pain.

If I understand correctly the turn knob will allow you to recline forward and backwards. There's just no lever to tilt the seats. No problem for me as nobody rides in the back anyway.

Exactly, the knob only tilts the seat back forward or back. They don't usually tilt that far forward, but will recline quite a bit. Probably will be pretty easy to adapt any sliders to fit.

-
Back