smoke

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
the 65 barracuda is sitting outside running and every few minutes it smokes out the exhaust for a few seconds and then runs for a few minutes smoke free. then puff theres the smoke again. i think i have a blown head gasket so i thought i would replace the oil seals when i replaced the gasket. could this be part of the problem?
any ideas.
thanks

I am not a tec but could there be a venting problem at the breather cap.
Just a thought.
I am sure a tec will jump in and get you some help soon.

not a breathing problem. I had checked that. It will be awhile before I'm ready to drive so maybe someone might help me out soon. Thanks Mike for the suggestion.

What color is the smoke? White is generally water, blue is oil, and black is rich mixture. What you are describing sounds like condensation in the exhaust pipe to me. If you had a blown head gasket it would be blowing smoke constantly and have a miss. Try putting about 30 minutes of interstate time on the car and see what happens.

I'm not far enough along to drive any further than down the drive and back. Tha smoke is blue or black, not sure.
Thanks for the advice.

Your fine. Maybe a umbrella seal on a valve. Grumps right check your color of smoke and watch the color of your plugs. It most likely will go away once you start driving it.
You still have my number?
Frank

Thanks for the input.I'll check the smoke color today. Frank, I will give you a call after the first of the year. Happy New Year to all.

-
Back