Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Contact seller
Snap On MT324 cylinder leak detector. New never used $90 + shipping

test1.jpg

test2.jpg

test3.jpg

Last edited:
I never understood the single gauge leak down testers, I have a aircraft dual gauge one but they are all the same. The first gauge is the line pressure 100 psi, if the second gauge reads 95 psi the leak down is 5%, very simple. How do you get a % of leak down with out a reference pressure, I know they work and a lot of company's make them, I just could never figure them out.

Interested, sent a message.

I never understood the single gauge leak down testers, I have a aircraft dual gauge one but they are all the same. The first gauge is the line pressure 100 psi, if the second gauge reads 95 psi the leak down is 5%, very simple. How do you get a % of leak down with out a reference pressure, I know they work and a lot of company's make them, I just could never figure them out.

Single gauges basically depend on an external regulator, ie, the one on your air compressor. As long as the leaks are small compared to the source flow (air compressor) they work good. Basically you'd set your air compressor regulator to 100 psi (or whatever the spec is for that tester), then adjust the regulator on the tester so the gauge reads 0, then test. As long as the input stays at 100psi (or spec) or close to it the measurements are accurate. You just can't see the input and output pressures in real time to know if your input pressure is dropping.

Also, all the aircraft gauges are the same because there's an FAA spec, they all use a .040" orifice. But automotive, or any non-aviation gauges can be anything. Most are .040", but not all of them are. The really cheap ones sometimes just use the restriction from the regulator itself and don't have a specific orifice size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back