Snorkel scoop

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
How do you remove the studs from the scoop..?
Seems simple enough, but after a quick try, I noticed I could easily damage the stud. Yep, serious question...lol
Thanks..
John

If studs are 1/4" 20, double nut them to protect the threads when backing them out. Gives you more area of grip on the stud.

Depends if you want to destroy the course threads in the fiberglass/plastic scoop when taking them out?

Are you taking them out as parts for use on another scoop? Or is there some other purpose you want them out?

A little heat from a torch will help them release, but will not do your scoop a lot of good.

Like these studs used on the 1970 Dodge Dart front Fender Extensions?

Screenshot_20220422-080039_Firefox.jpg

If studs are 1/4" 20, double nut them to protect the threads when backing them out. Gives you more area of grip on the stud.

Depends if you want to destroy the course threads in the fiberglass/plastic scoop when taking them out?

Are you taking them out as parts for use on another scoop? Or is there some other purpose you want them out?

A little heat from a torch will help them release, but will not do your scoop a lot of good.

Wanting to take stud out of one scoop and use in another. I bought a scoop stud kit, but they're too small where they screw in to scoop. I didn't know there were different sizes...don't remember having different options when I bought them.

Socket head Set screws with the proper thread. Various lengths available, even stainless steel .
McMaster Carr, or Grainger, if your hardware store doesn't have em.

Socket head Set screws with the proper thread. Various lengths available, even stainless steel .
McMaster Carr, or Grainger, if your hardware store doesn't have em.

Thanks..!

-
Back