So I know that the 6.1 Hemi

-

RTom

Depressingly A-Bodyless..
Reaction score
will bolt up to a small block transmission, but will a transmission from a 6.1 hemi bolt up to a 340 (relatively problem free)?

I've got a 69 Dart GT Convertible that I eventually want to drop a 6.1 hemi in but currently don't have the money (well, don't have the money that my wife will let me spend...). I am currently building a 69 340 to go in my dart. I was wondering if I could bolt up the new tranny ( a 5 speed would be much better than the original 3 speed, and it would put me one step closer to the hemi conversion)? I know I'd have to cut the hump out and everything, which is fine.

Any help or pointers would be great! :cheers:

Also, if anyone has any info on dropping in a 5.7 hemi in a 78 Dodge Adventurere (or really any Dodge truck/ramcharger from that period) I would greatly appreciate it! I've got a good line on a low mileage 5.7 pretty cheap and it would be sweet to have two old mopars with 3G hemis in them!

Thanks,

Rich

8)

Not gonna happen with the nag1 or the 545rfe as they are compter controled. The aftermarket has not come out with a stand alone computer for either one-----yet.

-
Back