So this is what I bought......

-
Every time I see pics of folks buying one, it takes me back. We had a van club and went to Van-ins. I want another one!!!

I got my '74 around 1979. Loved that van. It was a /6 auto. Had wayyyy too much fun in it!!

IMG_20181001_204225161.jpg

IMG_20150228_010640.jpg

Damn dude Van Iderstines , that was in East Hanover N.J. wasnt it? My brother bought parts for his projects there. Is it still around?
lol, yes, they had a satellite store on Rte 22 in Phillipsburg, NJ. It was only there for a few years. I was there almost once a month getting stuff for my van. Not sure about the other one anymore.

A friend of mine’s brother just picked a really clean 1975 Shorty. Has like 70K miles on it. Been sitting for like 30 years!

What is the gauge on the dash behind the steering wheel? Thermometer??

Looks like it ran real well. So cool to find a van like that!!!

What is the gauge on the dash behind the steering wheel? Thermometer??

Looks like it ran real well. So cool to find a van like that!!!
the flat gauge on the dash is a "altimeter" :)

After driving to Nebraska last weekend, I can understand the screen over the radiator.
The bugs after dark are as big, they sounded like rocks hitting the windshield of my truck.

My first Telco van was a SWB Dodge. Barn doors and everything. Suspension was shot. I hit a 18" property line post at the end of an alley while making the sharp turn and dug a gouge in the right rear door and fender. I was still in the 6 month probationary period so I spent my lunch hour beating out the dent with a manhole hook in an alley and bondo-ing the dent, sanding and painting with appliance white paint from the Autozone. About 4 months later my boss asked me WTH happened here. I shrugged and said I got it like this. 13 years, and 3 trucks later, Im still working here.

-
Back