So what is the earliest concert you can remember going to

-
It was either Bread, which I went to with some buds. Or maybe when my older brother to me to see George Thorogood at the Glen Miller ball room at CU

My first was Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, and others at the Cole field house in college Park MD. 1971, or 1972. My first concert seeing current acts was Jethro Tull at the Baltimore Civic center, 1973. During hurricane Agnes.

Willie and Waylon April 24, 1978 at the Capital Center outside DC. They played until 2 or 3 in the morning. Still have a ratty looking T shirt somewhere

2003 or 2004 went and saw Lynyrd Skynyrd. I’ve lost count how many times I have seen them since.
No you have seen a remake of the band with only two of the original band members. The original with Ronnie Van Zant died in a plan crash in 1977. I saw them in 73 at Bucs football stadium.

No you have seen a remake of the band with only two of the original band members. The original with Ronnie Van Zant died in a plan crash in 1977. I saw them in 73 at Bucs football stadium.

Gary, Rickey, and at the time Billy. Johnny can’t write like Johnny but he’s invested more into that band that anyone else. Did you say the same thing about AC/DC when Bon Scott died?

Gary, Rickey, and at the time Billy. Johnny can’t write like Johnny but he’s invested more into that band that anyone else. Did you say the same thing about AC/DC when Bon Scott died?
No cause he died early in the career of the band. 1980. And was only one member. I don’t view drug over dose to a plane crash. That drug over dose was a self inflicted wound.

No cause he died early in the career of the band. 1980. And was only one member. I don’t view drug over dose to a plane crash. That drug over dose was a self inflicted wound.

Fair enough, although relatively speaking the crash happened only roughly ten years into the bands career and it the only key musician was of course Ronnie. Dean was an important dude but he wasn’t a musician. Crazy thing I learned the other day is that Aerosmith almost booked that exact same plane but decided against it because something felt off.

^^^
Steve Gaines was really giving them new energy.
So I would say he was a key although not original.

-
Back