So which color wheels look best in your opinion?

Which color wheels?

• Satin Black

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Grey

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Chrome

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
I have the style I want picked out, but the color is the question.
The car will be staying this color, and will have discs in the rear.

RiddlersBlack.jpg

RiddlersGrey.jpg

RiddlersChrome.jpg

Grey, IMO. Never been a fan of all chrome. Black can look good too, but I think the grey is more classic looking.

Maybe not the same rim, but similar design...
IMG_3019.jpg

I kind of lean towards the black, with some interest in the grey.
Early on I was leaning towards the old school torq thrust D's, but I don't care for all that aluminum around the outside of the rim and you can't get them in an 18x8.

I kind of lean towards the black, with some interest in the grey.
Early on I was leaning towards the old school torq thrust D's, but I don't care for all that aluminum around the outside of the rim and you can't get them in an 18x8.

I think the black can look good, but I personally think it looks better when it's part of a whole "theme". If there was more satin black on the car, it would work better. You can also offset it some by using chrome caps and lugs.

I thought this thread was going to be about steel wheels and dog dishes. :(

Middle picture...
Chrome is too blingy
Black contrast too much with machined outer ring.

Hard to tell from those pics though... in person they probably look totally different.

What size wheels are they ?
I am personally not a fan of overly large diameter rims on a classic car.....

I really like the color scheme of the car though ! My 69 340 4sp Swinger will be that color scheme with a white tail stripe.

I like the Black, but, with the White top I'm not sure, maybe the Gray would be less stark contrast without the "showy" effect of Chrome

I'd normally say Chrome but with that large a wheel it looks a bit bling. IMO grey only looks good on all white cars. Go with the black.

I can't seem to find the vote button for the slotted dish aluminum wheels with the white raised letters on the T/A Radial tires. Where is it?

It would be interesting to see what would happen if you added a none of the above box. :)

It would be interesting to see what would happen if you added a none of the above box. :)

No it wouldn't.

All that would happen is a bunch of guys that like having hockey pucks for tires would chime in to disagree with everything because the options don't include any 15" rims and their frail sensibilities have been offended. Just like is already starting to happen. That's the opposite of interesting- that's boring and predictable. Happens every time someone wants to put 17's or 18's on their car so they can actually get decent tires and have a car that handles well.

If none of the above, then what would be your thought on it?
If I remember right, you have a 73 big bolt pattern car ?
15"x7" factory Mopar steel wheels (powdercoated gloss black) chrome lugnuts.
235/60-15" T/A Radials.
Magnifico !!!!!!!! :)

-
Back