So you think you can stance?

-
Looks great! I like the stance and you did a great job choosing components to make it happen. 5 spokes look great on these cars. You'll have lots of fun with this Lil ' Dart. Now if I could talk you into putting your front bumper back on. Lol. tmm

I think its pretty sweet, nice wheels , nice patina, good job.

would have addressed the rust first, you could have paid to have it fixed for what those wheels -tires cost. don`t like big wheels and skinney tires, but yours looks better than most-think because of the round fender wells up front.

I think that's part of what makes it look so damn cool, it's a little rusty, 2 tone primer, cool as hell stance and sweet rims!! I would drive it just like that!! Geof

A question about tire rod end and rim clearance, how much is there?
I will be running similar front parts on my 65 Cuda, I hear there's not much room with 2" drop spindles and 17" rims.
I was hoping to squeeze at least 225 tires.

I am generally one of the haters when it comes to larger diameter wheels than 15"on 60s or 70s
cars. Just not something I would do out of my own stubbornness to keep things as they were back then.
Your car does look good though and you pulled it off well. Still has that vintage vibe going on.
I know nothing about the newer tire sizes but I may have looked for a bit more sidewall height in the rear if it could be had??
Cool Mopar. Nice work.

A question about tire rod end and rim clearance, how much is there?
I will be running similar front parts on my 65 Cuda, I hear there's not much room with 2" drop spindles and 17" rims.
I was hoping to squeeze at least 225 tires.

I'd think you may be able to run a wider wheel if you had more back spacing. A lot of the "generic" muscle car wheel companies sell their wheels with a near 0mm offset.

I'm not a fan of the early A's but you're car looks awesome!!!!

I think that's part of what makes it look so damn cool, it's a little rusty, 2 tone primer, cool as hell stance and sweet rims!! I would drive it just like that!! Geof

X2!! Looks awesome as is!!

for a big rim hater, I like those on that body because they tuck under the lip. F the rust, drive it lightened!

I've got a ton of clearance between the tie rod and rim! It's not even close to being an issue.

As far as wider rim in the rear goes, yes I could fit a 17x9 in the back if the wheel was about a 5.5" backspace. Currently I'm much closer to the inside of the quarter panel than to the leaf spring.

Your car does look good on that wheel/tire combo. How much clearance to the rear fenderwell and to the rear springs? I'm guessing around 1/2" to the fenderwell and about 3/4 or bit more to the springs???

Nice Wheels!....now add a little metal here and there....etc.....

Good luck with the project...whatever direction it may take you.

Alright, here goes. The suspension setup is stupid simple! It was actually about this low before I started working on it, but that was because everything was so wore out and the car was sitting on its bump stops. My goal was to keep it that low, while maintaining some suspension travel, for as cheap as possible.

So up front it got a "front end rebuild kit", disk brake conversion, 1.03" torsion bars and 2" drop spindles all from PST. Dampeners are KYB Gas-A-Justs, for now. At its current ride height, the front is a little over an inch off the bump stops. The wheels up front are 17x7 with a 4.2" back space and 205/45R17 rubber. I'm gonna have to roll the front fender lips probably, as its pretty close at full lock.

The rear is even simpler. I chunked the stock 7.25", which was 53.2" flange to flange, for a later A body 8.25", which is 51.4" flange to flange. The 8.25 is freshly rebuilt with a 3.55fd Sure Grip, and rebuilt 10" drums. The rear leaf springs are Espo 5 leafs de-arched 2", new Mopar shackles, and adjustable front hangers. The springs are not moved inboard at all and the wheel wells are unmodified. It also has KYB shocks in the back for now. The rear wheels are 17x8s with a 4.5" back space. Tires are 245/40R17s.

Oh, and the wheels are Cragar Eliminators.

Looks great, and a well thought out suspension. Prefer combinations like this, over air bag systems (JMO). GREAT JOB!....

vntned did you ever try the rears on the front to see if they would fit, l would like to run your rear size all around.

Groovy Groovy :cheers: Love it Love it :cheers: very well dun sir :glasses7:

-
Back