SoCal FABO 1st annual Beach Cruise & Get Together

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok....gonna give this a try.....
Any interest in a whole bunch of us getting together at an agreed upon meeting point and driving up (or down) PHC/101?

Destinations could include:
Solvang
Ventura State Beach
San Diego
Santa Barbara
etc.....

The goal here is two-fold:
Meet and greet
Driving our Mopars

I'm totally open to suggestions. ....would love to make this an annual event!

Summer is here...I'm thinking maybe a Labor Day weekend event...like the Saturday before.

Jeff

Can I drive my Dodge Grand Caravan? That's the only Mopar I got running unless I get hopping on my EFI. Pismo would be cool, Mopars ON the beach! OC fairgrounds has a Labor Day Cruise w/1000+ participants all pre 78 american muscle. Kinda weird as you cruise around a 1.25 mile 1 lane loop that meanders through the fairgrounds. They offer camping and kids activities too. Its a 3 day event. Wouldnt be very personal.

Last edited:
Family schedule is all over the place for the foreseeable future but I might be able to come up your way (I'm in southern San D) for a meet. A dozen or so of us met a while back in Escondido and it was great to put some faces with screenames and check out some A Bodies.

Sounds like fun, but my Dart's been in 'paint prison' since December and may not get paroled until after Labor Day.
Is my '09 Ram OK to bring?

Sounds like fun, but my Dart's been in 'paint prison' since December and may not get paroled until after Labor Day.
Is my '09 Ram OK to bring?
Yup...sounds like a Mopar to me!
We're only up to less than a handful of people. ..let's see it this can build some momentum? !!
Love to make it an annual event!

Jeff

Can I drive my Dodge Grand Caravan? That's the only Mopar I got running unless I get hopping on my EFI. Pismo would be cool, Mopars ON the beach! OC fairgrounds has a Labor Day Cruise w/1000+ participants all pre 78 american muscle. Kinda weird as you cruise around a 1.25 mile 1 lane loop that meanders through the fairgrounds. They offer camping and kids activities too. Its a 3 day event. Wouldnt be very personal.
Absolutely!
I did know about the OC event until I posted this.....I'm not interested in the OC event, but the weekend we choose is flexible. ....

Jeff

Absolutely!
I did know about the OC event until I posted this.....I'm not interested in the OC event, but the weekend we choose is flexible. ....

Hey Jeff -
I'll include it in my 'President's Message' in our next Inland Mopars Car Club newsletter and also mention it at our next club meeting the first Sunday in August.

Hey Jeff -
I'll include it in my 'President's Message' in our next Inland Mopars Car Club newsletter and also mention it at our next club meeting the first Sunday in August.
That's awesome! Thank you!

Jeff

Sounds like fun. I am in. If I can not get that pile of parts to act like a car, I will take my Ram. Looking forward to the timing of this though.

we could all wear name tags, but with a picture of our cars we didnt get to take, like that hokey class reunion you went to and everyone wrote their maiden names (and maybe even senior pictures) on their tags because they got unrecognizable. Ha, funny.

we could all wear name tags, but with a picture of our cars we didnt get to take, like that hokey class reunion you went to and everyone wrote their maiden names (and maybe even senior pictures) on their tags because they got unrecognizable. Ha, funny.
I'll be driving my Cuda.....lol

20170319_122911.jpg

Jeff

Ok....we're looking at Saturday, September 2nd.....
Does this work for everyone?
Tomorrow morning I'll look carefully at all the interested members/locations and try to come up with a plan as to meet up places and cruise destinations. ...
I'm open to suggestions!

Jeff

OK.....here is a list of members and locations of the people who have said they're in...
@MrJLR - Chino
@Gamedog - San Diego
@pishta - Tustin
@seabee - San Diego
@Mopar Tim - Vista
@ocdart - Orange County
@orioncrw - Oxnard

Seems most are in the South.....except orioncrw in Oxnard.
What do you guys think about meeting at San Clemente and cruising North along PCH/101/5?
Driving up the 5, we can get on PCH at Dana Point for the scenic route.....
Maybe with the final destination being Huntington Beach?

Ideas?

Jeff

Last edited:
OK.....here is a list of members and locations of the people who have said they're in...
@MrJLR - Chino
@Gamedog - San Diego
@pishta - Tustin
@seabee - San Diego
@Mopar Tim - Vista
@ocdart - Orange County
@orioncrw - Oxnard

Seems most are in the South.....except orioncrw in Oxnard.
What do you guys think about meeting at San Clemente and cruising North along PCH/101/5?
Driving up the 5, we can get on PCH at Dana Point for the scenic route.....
Maybe with the final destination being Huntington Beach?

Ideas?

Jeff
This sounds great to me. Date is ok as well

I will be out of town that weekend. I have an unpredictable schedule so I don't want my availability to influence the date or location though. Sorry, I wish I could be more solid. I know these things can be a real pita to organize.

OK....well with only 7 saying they want to do this, and 2 already can't do that weekend, how about we push it out 2 weeks to Saturday the 16th?

Jeff

The 16th will be better for me as well.
The Great Labor Day Cruise is Sept. 1-3 at the OC Fairgrounds and Cruisin' For A Cure is Sept. 23 same location.

-
Back