SoCal Snow Pics - Who Says It Doesn't Snow In SoCal?

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, certainly not like the recent storms in the Midwest and the East, but we just received snow in our local mountains over the past few days and there's nothing prettier.
The last pic is from the Huntington Beach ("Surf City") pier...

020619A.jpg
020619B.jpg
020619C.jpg

Beautiful pictures. Grew up in Long Beach.
I remember surfing during the day and going to Mountain High for night skiing.

Awesome shots OC, thanks for sharing!

Moved to Colorado last year, and although the Rockies are beautiful, I do miss seeing the mountain ranges surrounding SoCal covered in snow. Beautiful sight for sure!

There's a lot to hate about Southern California. ....but there's a lot to love too!

Jeff

Beautiful pictures. Grew up in Long Beach.
I remember surfing during the day and going to Mountain High for night skiing.

Same thing, but surfing Ventura and Moutain High at night.
Oh to be young again. :)

Nice! Good air quality too! I wonder what those pictures look like in Aug. Would the mountains even be visible?

Update: OK, this post isn't about SoCal snow, but about the snowpack in the Sierra Nevada. Sugar Bowl Resort near Lake Tahoe reports a snow depth of of 193" (16'1") at the summit with a forecast of almost two more feet of snow in the next day or so. Looks like SoCal will have water to drink this summer.
This pic is from the Mammoth area on the east side of the Sierras in the past day or two...

snow021519.jpg

Update: OK, this post isn't about SoCal snow, but about the snowpack in the Sierra Nevada. Sugar Bowl Resort near Lake Tahoe reports a snow depth of of 193" (16'1") at the summit with a forecast of almost two more feet of snow in the next day or so. Looks like SoCal will have water to drink this summer.
This pic is from the Mammoth area on the east side of the Sierras in the past day or two...

View attachment 1715289696

:lol: Been there. I had to remove 3' from the top of the Cherokee that collected over night at Mammoth Mtn.

There is probably more in the higher elevations now. Early in the week air temp was way up. Thursday it dropped and the rain down here in the flatlands continues. Have to take a drive up the valley and see if the nearby snow collector still has snow.

The closest snow gathering peak is devoid of snow, however the peaks further east and a little higher are loaded. Some peaks I haven't seen snow covered in many a year are bright white. Must find good map of Los Padres National Forest. Internet versions too dam small. :mad:

After the latest storm yesterday, Mammoth Mountain ski area announced new records of annual snowfall:
* 57.9 feet (695") at the lodge
* 72.5 feet (870") at the 11,053-foot peak

There will be skiing at Mammoth through at least the 4th of July.

UNBELIEVABLE!

-
Back