Solid mounts

-

Mysons68dart

Reaction score
360 around 500HP i was thinking on installing solid motor mounts question do you guys use solids on both sides or just the driver side. thanks for your answers in advance.

If it's street application, I'd used the rubber mounts & a turn buckle to keep from breaking the rubber mount on the drivers side. Race application, solid mounts both side & the later model thru bolt transmission mount. My car is motor plated & I use the later model transmission mount, but I'm race only.

I made a solid motor mount from a rubber biscuit mount. Cut off one of the bolts. Drill completely through the mount where the bolt was cut off. Put a carriage bolt all the way through the mount. Tack weld it in. Now you have a solid mount that still sits on rubber.

You can probably do a better job at it than I did, but as far as hillbilly modifications go, it works well for cheap…..

manual trans with scattershield...solid mounts. automatic, drivers side only or turnbuckle with "good" rubber mounts

I use one solid mount on the driver side only.

The passenger side is under compression when the engine is under load, so passenger side mount failure is not likely.

-
Back