Someone mention /6 drag racing?

-

KosmicKuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah...it was Charrlie_S.

Slant 6 Racer's Reunion 2018

Some of you may have missed this in the events listing. Biggest /6 race ever! I think it's over 50 entries so far.

It's next September and I'm going. Looks like about a 5 hour + trip each way.
I hope you guys bring lots of parts in case I break something. I hope there's a separate stick shift class. What better place to break down than at a /6 reunion?

I was going to stop traveling to tracks further away then about 100 miles, at the end of 2017. This event changed my mind. Planning on taking two cars. My 66 Valiant 225 nitrous, and my 65 Valiant 170 turbo. About a 1600 mile round trip. Track treats us really well. I sure hope everyone that signed up can make it. Should be a blast.

I was going to stop traveling to tracks further away then about 100 miles, at the end of 2017. This event changed my mind. Planning on taking two cars. My 66 Valiant 225 nitrous, and my 65 Valiant 170 turbo. About a 1600 mile round trip. Track treats us really well. I sure hope everyone that signed up can make it. Should be a blast.
Just enjoy it....

I’m hoping to attend but won’t be racing. Hoping to drive my 72 Duster to the event but it has a *gasp* 5.9 in it. Lol

Never heard of this.
How should I imagine this goes about...?
Are all the racers getting a Slant6 engine tied to their rear bumper and they have to drag it along the track during the race or what...? :) :)

Never heard of this.
Are all the racers getting a Slant6 engine tied to their rear bumper and they have to drag it along the track during the race or what...? :) :)

I guess that would work, also. Rules just stated the vehicle must have a "Chrysler slant six" engine. :) :) :)

Never heard of this.

The best part is when I drive past all the gas stations with all the 440 cars at the gas pumps while getting 24 MPG on the cheapest gas around.
Other than the A100 guys, I guarantee the slanters will have the most fun.
Half the displacement but double the fun.

Bump to the top to get more cars entered. You don't have to race, just show up.

Rob, Charlie, any chance of an event T-shirt?

I am sure Monster Mopar will have a shirt but I'm thinking a /6 specific shirt. Maybe it should have SlantSix.org, 20th anniversary, FABO, etc on it somewhere. My favorite Mopar event of all time was the once in a lifetime Hemi reunion at Quaker City about 7-8 years ago. I'm not Joe-T-shirt guy but that one's a favorite. They ran out so were taking orders and mailed them a couple weeks later. I rolled in with my 68 cuda and the fools waved me inside to park on the field like my driver was anything special...not!

I will be making the trip down from Ohio but sadly I will just be spectating.
I’m thinking about pulling the slant out of that 72 Valiant parts car I bought in Indiana and putting it in my 67 Valiant and driving it over or maybe I’ll just take the Duster over. We’ll see... at this rate, I’ll be lucky to get the Duster running well enough to take.

57 prospective entries, as of now. This could go up or down, as we are still 6 months away, and life happens. Should still be the biggest slant six meet, ever.
Made my motel reservations, today.

57 prospective entries, as of now. This could go up or down, as we are still 6 months away, and life happens. Should still be the biggest slant six meet, ever.
I fully intend to come and bring my /6 Duster. I will not race it. I have no issues with racing, just not me or my cars.
I'm looking forward to this, I can't say I've ever been to something like this. Be nice to be around people who appreciate a /6.

So what are the dates for this?

So what are the dates for this?
Race date is: TNT Fri Sep 7th. Big slant six race Sat Sep 8th. Regular Slant Six race Sun Sep 9th.
No requirement to attend the Fri TNT and/or Sunday race.

Rules are basically "run what you brung". Any vehicle as long as it is Chrysler slant six powered. Any mods allowed, to anything. Meet NHRA/IHRA safety requirements for ET/MPH.
FYI: $30 entry fee
$2,000 to the winner of the Saturday race!
$600 - Runner Up
$200 - Semi-Finalists
$10 Payback to first round losers
Rookies get in FREE!!

Last edited:
-
Back