Someone mention /6 drag racing?

-
[QUOTE="Charrlie_S, post:

Rules are basically "run what you brung". Any vehicle as long as it is Chrysler slant six powered. Any mods allowed, to anything. Meet NHRA/IHRA safety requirements for ET/MPH.
FYI: $30 entry fee
[/QUOTE]

One year at the Mopar Nats I decided to "fun run" my 68 cuda. Not the first time but my CA buddies talked me into it. Tech said l had to wear long pants so l had to go buy a pair at the track store. Still store them in the car!

Wow, are those the payouts for just the /6 class? Note to Gunbunny, a 20 second car can win.

I had already printed out the hotel list and need to book a room. If you don't mind Charlie, where you staying?

Yes those payouts are just for the slant six class. Also Edge Racing Converters is supplying a gift certificate, towards most of the cost of a converter. How this will be awarded, is yet to be determined. We hope to have payouts, further down the ladder, if enough funding can be secured.

I'm staying at Abners motel, in Stanton

[QUOTE="Charrlie_S, post:

Rules are basically "run what you brung". Any vehicle as long as it is Chrysler slant six powered. Any mods allowed, to anything. Meet NHRA/IHRA safety requirements for ET/MPH.
FYI: $30 entry fee

One year at the Mopar Nats I decided to "fun run" my 68 cuda. Not the first time but my CA buddies talked me into it. Tech said l had to wear long pants so l had to go buy a pair at the track store. Still store them in the car!

Wow, are those the payouts for just the /6 class? Note to Gunbunny, a 20 second car can win.

I had already printed out the hotel list and need to book a room. If you don't mind Charlie, where you staying?[/QUOTE]

There is not a ton of lodging in the area and Scotty seems to be drawing a good crowd with this race so I would not mess around when it comes to getting something booked. Mt. vernon is not too far and may have some hotels as well as Winchester. Mountain parkway is a fairly rural stretch of road so be look for towns closer to 64. If anyone has some spare time then a cruise down to Salyersville is a good way to kill some time. Also Miguel’s pizza is an exit down and has some amazing pizza.

Just not for me. When I was a kid I was in a pretty bad wreck racing. Granted it wasn't on a track and highly illegal. To this day everyone except the other guy thinks it was an accident.
I like to watch, just don't have the nerve to do it.

Gunbunny that's fine. Hope you can cruise down from Cincy and hang out. Doesn't look too far.

I was poking around on Mapquest yesterday trying to get the lay of the land. It's gonna be a 5 hour drive minimum for me so I'd leave early Friday morning. You guys from FLA have a much longer drive. I see Army of Chuckness is entered. Met him and his car last year at Carlisle.

We're gonna have a good turnout for sure! There will be several people coming just to hang out and bench race. It will be good to see you again Gunbunny.

Gunbunny that's fine. Hope you can cruise down from Cincy and hang out. Doesn't look too far.

I was poking around on Mapquest yesterday trying to get the lay of the land. It's gonna be a 5 hour drive minimum for me so I'd leave early Friday morning. You guys from FLA have a much longer drive. I see Army of Chuckness is entered. Met him and his car last year at Carlisle.

It is about 800 miles for me. I'm hoping to have a contingent of 5 or 6 cars from Florida. For some it is a little further, some a little less. At my age I need to leave Thur, and get some sleep on the way up. Otherwise I'm totally burned out
when I get there. Towing the trailer, it is about 16 hrs driving time, for me.

If we only get half that it will still be the biggest Slant 6 race ever!

I’m designing a T-shirt now. Better late than never.

I dunno about racing, but I knew a guy that had a Plymouth Scamp back in the day, he would always lay rubber and generally impress with it. It had a "Super Six" in it.

It is about 800 miles for me. I'm hoping to have a contingent of 5 or 6 cars from Florida. For some it is a little further, some a little less. At my age I need to leave Thur, and get some sleep on the way up. Otherwise I'm totally burned out
when I get there. Towing the trailer, it is about 16 hrs driving time, for me.
Whats a car hauler run? Or take a co-pilot and get some winks on the way up. 5 hours would be like me driving to Sacramento/Frisco for a drag race and the thought of busting something in my ride home would be a buzzkill. Wake me up when there is a slant six meet at Pomona or Irwindales 1/8 mile.

To the top to remind y'all of September.

I've put almost 3000 miles on my rebuilt 225 in the 64. Believe it or not I rarely put the pedal on the floor.

I was driving it last week and thought I should do a little practicing. So I did a maximum acceleration run in first and halfway through second.
Feels like it'll break the 20 second barrier easily. :)
I hope the track lets me run topless.

20170713_223632.jpg

Beautiful! I really like the styling of the 64-5 Valiant / Barracuda. The convertible is even better! Looking forward to seeing you at Clay City.

Just a reminder that the Mopar event at Mountain Park Dragway is still happening!

We are expecting over 30 cars at this race.

If you want a t-shirt, please let me know by 15 August so I can get them printed and mailed out.

You beat me to it.

Man, a couple months ago it was 50 something!
The good thing is the smaller field means we have a better chance at the prize money. (Like I have a shot at that!)

You forgot to mention the prize money. Its enough to buy a V8 engine.

Still coming!
75slant6 and I had a conversation about this event at Mopar Nats.
After Indy Raceway, Kil-Kare, Indy Cyl Head and now Mountain Park we think we know where the problem is. Norwalk might be next.
There's only one common denominator.

I used to have a denominator on a 64 Barracuda... Oh wait! That was a Dominator! LOL

We now have the biggest purse of the event at Mountain Park!

$2,000 to Win
$600 Runner Up
$200 Semi Finalists

First time Slant 6 racers get their $30 entry fee back.
First round losers get $10

You beat me to it.

Man, a couple months ago it was 50 something!
The good thing is the smaller field means we have a better chance at the prize money. (Like I have a shot at that!)

You forgot to mention the prize money. Its enough to buy a V8 engine.
There are still almost 50 people listed, but life things do/can get in the way. I was hoping to have a second car/driver, but no way can I get the car done in time, and my driver has to work. Another slanter, I know, that was planning on being there, has a baby due, around then. These things happen, but it should still be the biggest slant race, ever. For sure the biggest purse. Where else can you race for $2,000 on a $30 entry?

Getting ready to start out Friday morning. Got my new /6 Racer T shirt from Rob and other goodies for a road trip. Ran it down the quarter mile 4 times to baseline it and may have tweaked the 3 on the tree linkage. Gotta change the oil tomorrow so I'll check it out. I'm taking the scenic route which is about 1/3 Interstate and the rest looks mostly 2 lane highway, about 6 hours. Looks like we'll have some rain due to Tropical Storm Gordon remnants.

Still coming!
No you didn’t...

You missed a good event, despite the rain Saturday. We got 3 of 6 rounds done before the rain hit.

KosmicKuda was bangin’ gears with that 3 on the tree!

We had 37 race cars and 2 tow rigs with Slant 6s! Biggest event EVER!

-
Back