Someone mention /6 drag racing?

-
I wanted to come, but we had a ton of rain that day. Like 3.5 inches within an hour. I woke up to a downpour.
I was worried my basement was going to flood. I had new windows installed in the basement and was worried they weren't going to hold up.
They were fine, but.....
the old windows leaked pretty badly anytime we any rain, I was nervous about the new windows, as they had only been in a week.
they held up fine, and the next time I won't be so nervous about it.
The new windows looked like fish tanks with all the water they had against them.
You should take some time and come up to this.

12th Annual Car Show

No you didn’t...

You missed a good event, despite the rain Saturday. We got 3 of 6 rounds done before the rain hit.

KosmicKuda was bangin’ gears with that 3 on the tree!

We had 37 race cars and 2 tow rigs with Slant 6s! Biggest event EVER!
Even tho' I hadn't promised to attend, I fully intended to
show, but it just got to hectic for Me to manage it. I want to give kudos to You for putting that all together,
& thanks to everyone else who showed, NEXT time, I
PROMISE!! LOL!:thumbsup:

No you didn’t...

You missed a good event, despite the rain Saturday. We got 3 of 6 rounds done before the rain hit.
KosmicKuda was bangin’ gears with that 3 on the tree!
We had 37 race cars and 2 tow rigs with Slant 6s! Biggest event EVER!

Yeah, it was like me walking into a butcher shop and saying "Grind me a pound." Non-synchro first and reverse and it sounded like this....kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkrunch.

2 weeks prior I went to a local event and made about 5 fun runs. Best time 18.2 secs. Something changed after that and it never felt the same. It only got worse at Clay City. I extended my clutch push rod after I got home from CC and it helped a little but I don't think the clutch is getting enough departure. Gave buzzinhalfdozen a free win in the first round.

Too bad about the weather. I ended up leaving late afternoon on Saturday because my weather app said it wasn't going to get any better.

But, it was fun while it lasted. Took the Interstate route going home even though it was an extra 45 miles compared to the back road route just to avoid shifting. Only stopped twice in 6 hours through a heavy rain most of the way. Had the hammer down and only got 22 mpg. Val didn't leak a drop and it still has the original top. Car is awesome!

20180907_172743.jpg

I forgot to mention, @robsimmons since I wasn't able to make it, if this is going down next year, I'll contribute to the door prize kitty. (I thought I saw something about that.)
I'm good for a couple of nice tan /6 dist caps and a few sets of keys!

hey Rob, shirts still available to order?

thanks

I have an order of about a dozen waiting to be made. I can try to add another one or two before they go to print. They are really busy, so it might be a couple weeks. What do you want?

I forgot to mention, @robsimmons since I wasn't able to make it, if this is going down next year, I'll contribute to the door prize kitty. (I thought I saw something about that.)
I'm good for a couple of nice tan /6 dist caps and a few sets of keys!

Sweet! I don't know that we will go this big next year, but I'll definitely pester you about some door prizes! Thanks!

I have an order of about a dozen waiting to be made. I can try to add another one or two before they go to print. They are really busy, so it might be a couple weeks. What do you want?
pm sent

I forgot to mention, @robsimmons since I wasn't able to make it, if this is going down next year, I'll contribute

The track owner announced next year was a go.
The weekend after the U.S. Nationals which means the weekend after Labor Day.

I see Brian was there with my old Dart. Good to see he's still racin'. I still have plans to finish my 63 Belvedere slant racer. We will see what next year brings.

Last race of the season is at Knoxville, TN this Saturday! We will try to fit in both scheduled races along with the last three rounds of the Clay City Reunion Race. Looks like we will be doing some Round Robbin kinda racin'! Good thing the high will be 55* to keep those engines and trannies cool... LOL

We got rained out... again. That's all she wrote. Great year of Slant 6 drag racing with new and old friends getting together, several records set and the biggest Slant 6 drag race ever! See y'all next year!

Sorry to hear that.
/6 powered boat races next year?

-
Back