Something Came In A Big Box Today!

-

jonn6464

1970 Duster
Reaction score
Blueprint 408, aluminum heads, roller cam/rockers, upgraded to Holley Sniper.

Dyno sheet says 467 HP, 528 ft/lbs torque.

IMG_20210126_154244939.jpg
IMG_20210126_154250576_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210126_154255401.jpg
IMG_20210126_154259926_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210126_154839134_HDR.jpg

She's a beauty! And nice numbers too. Lookee that torque!

First change will be some new valve covers.

I'm actually having mixed feelings about this thing. When I started my build, I had decided to stick to around 375 HP. I was tired of the constant battle of finding traction on acceleration, that I had with my 70 Firebird (455 cubic inch, 502 HP, 499 ft/lbs).

So, I'm not sure this is the best way to go. But, I really like the roller valve train for longevity. I wanna pass it on to my oldest son someday.
He's 3 now.
I maybe should have save a few thousand and went with the 375 HP, iron head, flat tappet option.

You can never have too much Horsepower! You also have a throttle that controls how much power you want to put to the road. I have a 2010 SRT Challenger that when I hit the gas it wants to go sideways so I'm always ready to back off. Hope you will be well rewarded with all that power.

Wow congratulations that's a big deal, I have to agree with you on the valve covers though. And that is a lot of power and torque and a 3000 pound-ish car a lot more of a handful than a 2010 SRT. and I do know because my son has one with 150 nitrous kit on it

The torque even surprised me!!!
Don't worry, it'll be nice and tame when it needs to be. But it'll wake you up when you stand on it!!!
Hey Johnny, thanks for working with me on this purchase. I'm going to email you tomorrow with a couple of questions.

First change will be some new valve covers.

I'm actually having mixed feelings about this thing. When I started my build, I had decided to stick to around 375 HP. I was tired of the constant battle of finding traction on acceleration, that I had with my 70 Firebird (455 cubic inch, 502 HP, 499 ft/lbs).

So, I'm not sure this is the best way to go. But, I really like the roller valve train for longevity. I wanna pass it on to my oldest son someday.
He's 3 now.
I maybe should have save a few thousand and went with the 375 HP, iron head, flat tappet option.

Much more fun to tweak the traction issue than not have enough horses! Good choice!

Confirm it did those number with that Sniper on it? What are the cam specs?

Paint those heads and waterpump to match the block and those valve covers will be fine.

Although, I like the painted Mopar Performance cast covers with matching paint and scuffed accents better.

Heart (Medium) (2).png

Airbox1 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Agree on the Valve covers. I kept the steel ones on my 408 for 2 summers then went to the fabricated units. Wayy happier with them and no more leaks.

Congrats on the new motor. I don't think you'll regret the extra power. Better than going for less and wishing you had more IMO.

And yeah, @Johnny Mac is the man!

20180506_142112.jpg

20200325_194937.jpg

Confirm it did those number with that Sniper on it? What are the cam specs?

Paint those heads and waterpump to match the block and those valve covers will be fine.
Blueprint dyno tests Every engine, with the carb/ efi unit that it goes out the door with.

Longblocks get dyno tested also, with a shop intake/carb

-
Back