Something Different: What COVID-19 Changes Do You Hope Stay Around?

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We keep hearing all the things that everyone dislikes about COVID-19 changes to our everyday lives, but are there also things that have changed that you like and hope stay around?
Here are just a couple of mine to get this started:

* Working from home - I enjoy the "everyday is 'casual Friday'" part of working from home. And losing the daily commute means about 500 less miles driven per month. Less gas purchased is just like getting a raise.
* Restaurant outside dining option - I fully realize this may be a "fair weather" SoCal thing but I'm enjoying having the option of eating outside when the weather is nice

OK, what'cha got?

I'm 67, so already spend most of my time at home.
I'm a garbage man, have not seen any cutbacks, and covid can kiss me where the sin never shines.
The only thing I hope returns to normal is seeing ALL my kids come home at the same time, with their babies, which,except for one are past their "terrible-twos" now.
So, you could say, that covid has been a blessing for me, as I hated the terrible-twos when I went thru them, and it is hard for me to watch my kids struggle with it.
And, thru it all, the price of gasoline has constantly been down, sometimes more than 30% even; so it would be nice if that continues.
The only work I do at home is figure out new ways to get comfortable on the couch. and sometimes I run/walk the wife's dog.

I really like wearing a mask. Especially since I'm planning to go into bank robbing real soon. If everybody has a mask on then we all look alike. Depending on hairstyle of course and the outfit you wearing.

I don't mind people staying out of my way. Too many idiots have no concept of personal space.
That is probably it.
I don't like the masks, I don't like the limited capacity limitations at stores and restaurants. I don't like the idea of kids missing out on IN class schooling.

I don't mind people staying out of my way. Too many idiots have no concept of personal space.
That is probably it.
I don't like the masks, I don't like the limited capacity limitations at stores and restaurants. I don't like the idea of kids missing out on IN class schooling.
Its funny you say that. I keep hearing all the parents complaining about their kids being home from school to me its no different my kids have always been homeschooled lol

honestly, absolutely nothing

one of out six restaurants closed down for good

the amount of suicide and child abuse went up

people have become polarized against each other

our economy is murdered by leftist politicians

the only silver lining would be, could be, if those of us with half a brain would get rid of coumo, whitmer and the likes in the next election

To me, the biggest two things would be people washing their hands frequently and following better hygiene rules.
(This goes especially for kids.)
And, people not going out in public or showing up for work if they are sick.

the only silver lining would be, could be, if those of us with half a brain would get rid of coumo, whitmer and the likes in the next election
N&P forum, here we come........

We keep hearing all the things that everyone dislikes about COVID-19 changes to our everyday lives, but are there also things that have changed that you like and hope stay around?
Here are just a couple of mine to get this started:

* Working from home - I enjoy the "everyday is 'casual Friday'" part of working from home. And losing the daily commute means about 500 less miles driven per month. Less gas purchased is just like getting a raise.
* Restaurant outside dining option - I fully realize this may be a "fair weather" SoCal thing but I'm enjoying having the option of eating outside when the weather is nice

OK, what'cha got?
I hope you are getting your work done from home. My wife's accounting department at the city has a few that are working from home. They are getting about half their work done with a lot of mistakes. Getting paid for full time of course and full ride benefits. I think the longer there is work from home the worse it will get. Nad because of the dynamic of working from home many businesses will financially fail and the economy will collapse further than it already has. We need to get on the other side of this and get back to work.

our economy is murdered by politicians

Fixed. :poke::lol:

That is probably it.
Yes, like I said in my last post, we need to get on the other side of this and get back to work.

Just cough to clear your throat in public and everyone backs up... It's good crowd control....

Not everybody is cut out to be a homeschooling parent. My kids do 100 percent better going to school. Not all families are afforded the ability of a stay at home parent to be the home school teacher, either.

Back to the point of this post - working from home has proven to be more productive for almost all of my workgroup at work. The 10 who report to me have been killing it compared to last year.
I love the commute of only 2 flights of stairs to and from "the office".
As mentioned above - not spending $60 a week on fuel.
Not driving to work has gained me 30 extra minutes of home time on each end of my day.
During slow periods of work, knocking out some little things around the house.

I really like wearing a mask. Especially since I'm planning to go into bank robbing real soon. If everybody has a mask on then we all look alike. Depending on hairstyle of course and the outfit you wearing.
a few short months ago, they called the law if you went into a bank with a mask on. Now they call the law if you don't
:lol:

We just had the next election. Things will now begin to improve.:poke:

*never mind me, im just reserving this spot for a response once this thread get moved the the N and P[/QUOTE
Yes, it's getting moved because everyone is entitled to facts, I just thought I would give you a fact.:popcorn::thumbsup::welcome:

FYI - MAGA is history.

Not everybody is cut out to be a homeschooling parent. My kids do 100 percent better going to school. Not all families are afforded the ability of a stay at home parent to be the home school teacher, either.

Back to the point of this post - working from home has proven to be more productive for almost all of my workgroup at work. The 10 who report to me have been killing it compared to last year.
I love the commute of only 2 flights of stairs to and from "the office".
As mentioned above - not spending $60 a week on fuel.
Not driving to work has gained me 30 extra minutes of home time on each end of my day.
During slow periods of work, knocking out some little things around the house.
Good to hear it's working for you.

-
Back