~ Something Good Happened! ~

-

MachineMan

Remove Before Flight
Reaction score
Now-a-days
there is not a lot of good news making it's way around, so I thought I would pass this on.

A friend local to me went to an estate sale, the folks that got there early really cleaned the place out.

So this guy thought to go by there the day after and look at what got thrown out.

Among the stuff that got pitched was a stack of very old news papers.

He figured there may be some interest in a paper with a historical headline so he hauled the whole stack home to give them a look through.

Well,... here it is................

Tucked away in those old news papers was " $5000 in new looking $20 dollar bills dated 1929!".

So that is the good news I have to report.

Happened in the last few days.

What a lucky score!I think just the old news paper would be an interesting find/read.Good for him.:mrgreen:

I called a coin store just to see what was what with bills like that.

Guy told me that in those days they printed truck fulls of paper bills, so they are not rare in the sense that not many were made.

He said depending on condition they would be worth between $21 and $30 dollars a piece.

And of course, he would love to see them.

it never hurts to look

I have told my mom for years to QUITE HIDDING STUFF FROM YOURSELF

She has a bad habit of hiding stuff then not remembering where she hid it. At one time before she sold her house she had her good jewlery pined to the curtains and the phoney stuff in the jewlery case. We checked everything very well as we were packing

She still hids stuff from herself.

I better go check the newspaper from 1945 to see if there is any money in it .................... LOL

also alot of people who were in the great depression hid stuff... i dont know why... we found all kids of stuff at my great uncles... everything from gold to guns lol

it never hurts to look

I have told my mom for years to QUITE HIDDING STUFF FROM YOURSELF

She has a bad habit of hiding stuff then not remembering where she hid it. At one time before she sold her house she had her good jewlery pined to the curtains and the phoney stuff in the jewlery case. We checked everything very well as we were packing

She still hids stuff from herself.

I better go check the newspaper from 1945 to see if there is
any money in it .................... LOL

You must be my long lost Brother.

Exact same with my Mom.

In the 70's my Mom went in for some surgery, my Dad took the opportunity to have the living room re-carpeted as a surprise for when she came home.

Good thing the carpet guys were honest, my Mom had stashed a bag of silver dollar coins just under the carpet where the drapes hung.

My Dad shows my Mom and she says............................

"I was trying to remember where I hid those"

LOL

Hello Brother

LOL

-
Back