Sometimes They Come Back

-

Dustdevl340

Westie Dad & All Around Mopar Fanatic
Reaction score
So I woke up and my dog is laying on the back patio covered in dirt with a rabbit in his mouth. The rabbit's not bloody, just dirty. My neighbor's kids raise blue ribbon rabbits. I instantly knew it was one of theirs.

I took the rabbit away from my dog, rushed inside, and washed all the dirt off it before my neighbors could come home. It was stiff but I heard some animals play dead when they are afraid but I couldn't remember which ones. I took it and placed it back in one of the cages in their back yard then I ZOOMED back home.

Not 30 minutes later I hear my neighbors screaming so I go out and ask them what's wrong? They tell me their rabbit died three days ago and they buried it but now it's back in the cage.

This happened to a friend of mine sorta. His dog got into the rabbit cage of a neighbor and the dog of course brings the rabbit home. Dog loved to kill squirrels. Anyway the neighbors were gone all week. They were sweating having to tell the neighbor. Maybe we should buy another rabbit. Etc. neighbor got home they went over to apologize and the neighbor was like we really wanted to get rid of that darn rabbit anyway.

I read the story to my wife.
She said “do you tell them at all?”
I said maybe a month or so later and
Say remember that rabbit.

We have a cat that comes and goes in the house. Neutered tom. He took me as his "person" and always was just 20-30 feet from me anytime I was out of the house. Always there.
We have neighbors that have free range chickens and always a bunch of young ones running around, but always on their side of the road. I find a half eaten dead one here off and one, and one day I figured out my cat was sneeking over there and killing one. He is well feed and darn sure never hungry. Guess it is the sport of it.
Havn't seen him now for over a week, bet they caught him red handed! Guilty. RIP LeeRoy.

Stumbled on this having coffee heading to shop in morning lol.

20210526_100458.jpg

20210526_100515.jpg

-
Back