-
Status
Not open for further replies.

John1966205

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
This is a very rare original Sonaramic ram induction system. It came of a 1960 Dodge Dart Phoenix 500. It is in very good original condition. It includes the ram ports, linkage, (2) carburetors, manifolds, and air cleaners. This set has been stored inside for approximately the last 40 years. I am selling this set for my father who can answer questions through me. We tried selling this set a couple years ago on another forum, but was yanked around. I am told this is a steal at $2,800.00.

IMG_2320.JPG

IMG_2321.JPG

IMG_2322.JPG

IMG_2323.JPG

IMG_2324.JPG

IMG_2325.JPG

IMG_2326.JPG

IMG_2327.JPG

IMG_2328.JPG

IMG_2329.JPG

IMG_2330.JPG

B and RB are different widths?

Yep, thats true, but each side "tube" just bolts to the head, and it doesn't matter if it's a low block engine, or a raised block engine.
Those "Long Ram" manifolds, and "Short Ram" manifolds, (Sonoramic) were installed on both low block, and raised block engines, back in the day, until 1964.

B and RB are different widths?

yes,but the heads interchange
since this intake separates the two banks into two sets of runners, it can accommodate both the B and RB block, simply by adjusting the carb linkage and cross overs

I guess I'm looking at were the intake bolts to the exhaust,
the exhaust would be narrower and the intake would be wider on a B motor.

The intake castings are the same for B and RB, but the balance tube and exhaust manifolds are specific to each
So this set-up (intake and exhaust manifolds) will either fit the B or the RB (but not both) since it came off a 383 it narrows it down??
I've read that there were both B and RB 383 engines in the early years??
treblig

Torque peaks at about 2800 rpm on this setup so even in a 5000 pound vehicle it's a real tire burner. You gotta love the look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back