Sorry I have been MIA - been working on the Dart and garage

-

Sledgehammer

Yea....so what?
Reaction score
I am trying to get the car ready to go to Canada for the Fastest Street Car Shootout on July 9 - 11.

I still have my mild motor in the car and will be running for the fun of it. I am also an associate sponsor for the CFSC event. Trying to get the word out about me and 2Fast Designz.

Then July 24 - 25 I hope to be at the Chrysler Classic in Pittsburgh running King of Street.

I am still messing around with the wiring of the car but at the last minute I decided to upgrade the electric in the garage from a 10amp extention cord to 220v 60amp service. It will be nice to turn on all the lights, run the big shop fan and the radio and not have to cut some of the lights off when I need to run the fan or turn up the radio.

I even priced out some siding for it too....I am tired of looking at it like it is. I also need to order a 10x10 door for the right side. It will be nice to park my trailer in the garage when I want to.

Since I am digging the trench I am going to pull a phone and TV cable out there too. It will be nice to use my compressor finally. Plus a buddy is going to bring his welder by so we can hang my quarters and do some 3.5" exhaust work and Flowmasters on the car.

-Eric-

4-garage.jpg

i'll tell you ever since the weather broke i haven't had time to do anything.... been working on fine69's dart, my darts . trying to goto cruises and work... there just isn't enough time in the week anymore....

I haven't been around much either, I'm kinda taking a break from the car thing for a while. I got burned out with the paint job episode. Then the first time I get into the gas real hard and row to second gear I take out the rear end and almost mess up the quarter panel. :shock: :shock: I was raised Catholic so I took that as a sign from God and parked it and bought a 04 Goldwing to keep me occupied for a while.

I'll be back!

Good luck with your car!

Thanks guys....my back is sore...I am not as young as I used to be. Whew...getting old SUCKS!!!! So what I have more toys.....I am too sore and broke up to enjoy them!!!! LOL

Well off to see a client and then back to the shovel. I am digging a 170ft trench from the garage to the house. I am putting in conduit for the power, telephone, cable, computer network cat 5 cable, and water. Once I am done...all I will need is a cot and a fridge and I will never have to come in. :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the cot link...LOL. I am actually looking at getting a Queen sized air mattress for the trailer.

Does anyone know of anyone that is getting rid of a roof RV AC unit? I am looking to step up and make my trailer lounge/office a nice cool place to go hide when it gets ugly hot this summer.

If I go to the Canadian Fastest Street Car Shootout July 9 - 11 I just might stay in the trailer that weekend and hit a few truck stops on the way up and back for showers. That is also why I am a member of the Flying J RV club......perks.

-Eric-

Sledgehammer said:
I am digging a 170ft trench from the garage to the house.

Have you checked into renting a "Ditch Witch" from the local rental place? You could have the ditch dug in a day!

I know...but my labor is cheap compared to $200 for the day. I can't justify the expense when it is for something that cost me money more than making me money.

I would like to think that I am making money racing but I hate to say it.....but it is in the "red". So $200 bucks goes to pay bills and my free labor towards the racing.

Sledgehammer said:
I know...but my labor is cheap compared to $200 for the day. I can't justify the expense when it is for something that cost me money more than making me money.

I would like to think that I am making money racing but I hate to say it.....but it is in the "red". So $200 bucks goes to pay bills and my free labor towards the racing.

I didn't know they were that much to rent. I'd be digging by hand too.

HawaiiDuster said:
I wish I had enough land in Hawaii to dig a 170ft ditch from the house to the garage :cry: Hope everything works out for you :thumleft:

Hawaii...I love it till I have to cut it. I just laid the conduit today and ran the cable through it. I should have the power hooked up later on today and fully operation lightwise this weekend whooo hooooo!!!!

I wish I was in Hawaii sometimes......*big grin*

Here is another pic of the garage under contsruction from the deck.

2-garage.jpg

Thank you....I have given up a lot for the garage, mainly racing and no performance gains in my car. For the past 8 years my racing has been non-existant and I have not done anything performance wise to the cars.

I am getting close to the end, I just priced out siding for the garage and a few other amenities (looking over my shoulder).

I am excited about having some real power in my garage so I can run my compressor, fan, kerosene torpedos, stereo and lights without having to shutdown some of the lights or turn off something else like I do now.

Now I wish my garage was bigger and my next house.....it will be HUGE!!!! I want something big enough for a Renegade Toterhome and 53ft trailer and that I can drive through. Once I get my driveway put in only my trailer can fit in the right side of the garage rignt now.

towriginbackyard.jpg

But over all I can't lie...I have been frustrated feeling like I have made no progress in 10 years....but then I look back to where I was and remember I had no trailer, no house and no garage. Just wished 9/11/01 never happened for the lives that we lost....and how my career took a nosedive ex-computer engineer govt. contractor.

So 5 to 6 years hopefully will be moving from here almost 2 acres to 5 plus acres. By that time I should be done doing my home improvement project....aka honey do list. Never let them talk you into installing a hardwood floor. Man that is backbreaking work!!! I have a new respect for hardwood floor installers! I got 2 rooms and the hallway to go.

-Eric-

It sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I bought my Barracuda, then we decided to move to Florida. We spent the next year fixing the property to sell, moved to Florida & spent the next 6 years fixing this house. Now we are getting ready to sell again, so we can build a smaller house and a garage/workshop. Right now the design I have for the garage is 36'x50' w/ a second floor for an office and extra storage. We hope to bi in within 2 years.

Sounds like a plan. Learn from my mistakes......build a polebarn. I will never build another big building like this stick built again. Second of all I couldn't afford to build the garage now with the price of lumber. Right now I have $10k in concrete and over $20k in lumber.

Just to put it in perspective......I have 54 sheets of 8x4 1/2 OSB for the roof. I couldn't afford to put up real plywood...so I cheated and used OSB and put clips everywhere. Put it this way...I know just about everyone that works at my local Home Depot and Lowe's. LOL That is when you know you are in there too much.

I am off to there in the AM to get some parts so I can turn on the power around lunchtime in the garage. WHOO HOOOOO FINALLY!!!!!!

-Eric-

LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!!!

I now have 100amp service in my garage!!!! It is nice to turn on some lights and not have them dim to 50%. I can't believe how bright it is in the garage now!!! SWEEET!!!

I got so happy I even went out and purchased a new parts washer. Gonna start rebuilding transmissions in a few days!

-Eric-

Man..am I psyched!!!

-
Back