sound deadner-what are your using

-

fishy68

Tyr Fryr's Inc.
Reaction score
What's everybody using for sound deadner/heat insulator. I've been looking at installing some in my Cuda to quite it down and maybe help with radiant heat from the headers and duals. There's several different brands out there and I don't know much about what is what on the stuff so I figured somebody here would know what's good stuff that don't break the bank.

Thanks, Tracy

yep. got it from summit i think. silver backed self adhesive pieces.

fishy~~~ I just finished installing Rammmat BXT. Stuff was reasonable, worked great. sticky as hell, cuts easily and the guy, Rick is great. Busy as heck but will comunicate with you...when he can.
RammAudio is the company.
http://www.raamaudio.com/

I used the ensolite on the door panels. The bottom pic is out of focus but it shows the contours..

RammMat floors 5-22-08 SMALL.JPG

Door panel repair (2) 5-22-08 SMALL.JPG

out of fucus enoslite 5-26-08.JPG

I went to the Home Depot and bought 2 hot water heater insulator kits. Insulation plus foil on the other side. Did my whole interior for about $25.

I can see some of us are still in the days of the horse and buggy. I bought a 5 gal bucket of latex insulation. It has ceramic beads suspended in it and i was developed in the space shuttle program. It can be painted on or sprayed or rolled on. Here's the good part. Painted on in layers a 1/8" coating has an R value of R-60. Your walls in your house are no more than R19 if it's done really good. A 2 x4 wall fiberglass is rated at R-11. If you guys are interested i'll get the product name and the supplier.

Small Block, I would like to know more about that stuff!
C

I robbed the plastic inner fenders (wheel tubs) from under the front of a Honda Accord before junior scraped it. I got an idea those will kill a lot of road/tire noise. I know they make a HUGE difference in the hondas.
Will I ever got around to the retrofit in my A-body ? dunno

I can see some of us are still in the days of the horse and buggy. I bought a 5 gal bucket of latex insulation. It has ceramic beads suspended in it and i was developed in the space shuttle program. It can be painted on or sprayed or rolled on. quote]
Tell me more! I'm at that stage right now and new tech. is the way to go...

Yes Do Tell More Smallblock I Seen A Spray Cermic For Floors Cant Remember Where I Seen It Think I Saw A Guy Selling It At Carslie Car Show Last Year

They used something like that on Horsepower TV. It was sprayed on the floor (inside & out I think) of the all fiberglass 55 Chevy they built. Saw a rerun just last weekend. Think the stuff they used was called Lizard Skin.

Yea That Is The Stuff I Seen I Was Just Going To Put A Link Scuba Beat Me To It Has Anyone On Here Ever Use It Is It Worth It?

I've seen the ceramic paint additive before. Some of my friends have used it on their house and it seems to work well, although they don't state actual numbers as results will vary.

To me it is NOT a car product. I used the RAAMmat BXT on my Dakota and am very happy with the results. My Dart will get the same treatment when the time comes. Rick was very quick to get my order out (I ordered 5 rolls for me and my friends).

Wow! I didn't even know about the spray on stuff. I'm definitely in the dark ages when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks to all the suggestions and URLs. I'll have to do some more reading.

I've got LizardSkin ... but need another gallon to finish my interior. You can spray it or roll it. It's expensive though, and requires a special gun.

-
Back