Source for engine hardware?

-

MRGTX

Reaction score
What is a good source for engine hardware? Nuts/bolts/washers, etc?

If you have the original bolt in your hand and you're looking to buy a new one, you can measure the length, thread pitch, identify the bolt's grade from the marks on the head, etc... but is there a source that can help identify what you need if a given bolt has been lost, sheared off, etc...?

Thanks!!

I have tons of bolts from mopars sorted in containers if needed. That is How I get the correct fasteners I need. If I can help let me know.

Well, I was going to suggest buying a fastener guide from www.iccahome.org but it looks like they only have them for B&E bodies. Maybe you can give them a call and see if they are working on putting one together for A-bodies.

I bought one for my Challenger restoration and it was well worth the price.

A good tap & die set will allow you to check size, depth & pitch pretty easy. I only buy grade 8 or above. You can also check summit for ARP fasteners. They make pretty much every bolt on the engine & awesome quality. Lot's of times the size is listed so you can use it for reference.

I think I know what you're asking, and this won't be much help, but I'm pretty sure Mancini sells engine bolt kits as well. Also check out Totally Stainless-I've purchased kits from them before-pretty nice stuff for accessory bolt kits, not grade 8 unless specified (grade 5 if memory serves), but I've used at least 5 of their kits on AMCs, Fords, and Mopars...never had any issues.

I bet if you post up what bolts you need information for, someone here can help you!

(e.g., what's the specs for an intake bolt, or left upper water pump bolt, or what type of washer is supposed to be used with the power steering bracket bolt that goes into the timing cover, etc)

Most fasteners on Mopars are not grade 8, and if they are, they are special bolts, like clutch, flywheel, converter bolts and head bolts. Rods and main bolts also. But most of the external stuff even though not "appearance" correct could be common grade 5 bolts. Intake, water pump/ timing, bell housing/ starter, valve covers and exhaust.

There are a few aftermarket suppliers including MP that supply some of the special fasteners.

What is the name of this kind of clip? This is on the transmission linkage to my 904...One is missing...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 123
Just 'linkage clip', I think I also saw them as 'throttle rod clips' somewhere. Should be available in most parts stores, but may be in assortment packs. You know the ones with every variation but the one you actualy need...

-
Back