Source for harness clip

-

azaustin

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to source these plastic harness clips? There are several in the engine bay of my ‘65 Dart GT convertible and I will need them for the coupe too. I’ve looked at Layson’s, Yearone, Classic Industries, but no luck.

B3FB19E1-2194-4907-A8E2-2017B53887F9.jpeg

We make the nylon straps and either offer them individually or in a kit. Looking at the picture that @azaustin posted, is the one question flat or does it have a slight hump in the middle of the strap? I can post a picture of the two styles tomorrow.

We make the nylon straps and either offer them individually or in a kit. Looking at the picture that @azaustin posted, is the one question flat or does it have a slight hump in the middle of the strap? I can post a picture of the two styles tomorrow.
They appear to be flat. I’ve looked at numerous variations of these online, but none are quite the same as what I have. The overall length is 2 1/4” and the center to center distance is 1 7/8”. I’ve attached a couple of photos that might show the strap better.

C05315F4-4A8A-4306-A821-DB25FA1124E9.jpeg

2BB69308-5BB0-43BB-BC65-05D9C5D87A4C.jpeg

@azaustin, I have attached a picture of the two different styles of the under hood straps that we manufacture. There is actually two more as used on the C and E and 71 to 74 B-Body applications, but they are black nylon, so I did not picture them.

The "flat" style has been documented as for the 62 to 64 B-Body Max Wedge Applications. The style with the bump was used on the 63 to 66 A-Body and 66 to 70 B-Body applications from what we have been able to document. Both styles from the center of each push pin is 2 inches.

As for the A-Body applications, we have developed kits in the following classifications:
63-66 A-Body
67-69 A-Body
70-74 A-Body

Hope that this might help,
Richard

Wire Strap.jpg

They appear to be flat. I’ve looked at numerous variations of these online, but none are quite the same as what I have. The overall length is 2 1/4” and the center to center distance is 1 7/8”. I’ve attached a couple of photos that might show the strap better.

View attachment 1715713457

View attachment 1715713458
2-1/4 Wiring Harness Straps For 64-81 GM (Qty-25) #146 | eBay
These are 2 1/4", not sure if that's center-to-center or overall. Just remember that you want them a hair longer so they "bow" a bit to fit around the harness (like in your second pic).

@azaustin, I have attached a picture of the two different styles of the under hood straps that we manufacture. There is actually two more as used on the C and E and 71 to 74 B-Body applications, but they are black nylon, so I did not picture them.

The "flat" style has been documented as for the 62 to 64 B-Body Max Wedge Applications. The style with the bump was used on the 63 to 66 A-Body and 66 to 70 B-Body applications from what we have been able to document. Both styles from the center of each push pin is 2 inches.

As for the A-Body applications, we have developed kits in the following classifications:
63-66 A-Body
67-69 A-Body
70-74 A-Body

Richard

View attachment 1715713471
The bottom strap looks like the one I need. I was unaware of your products as a source. Thank you so much for your response and thanks to everyone on FABO for their help. I don’t know how I could get these cars done without FABO as a resource.

63-66 A-Body
67-69 A-Body
70-74 A-Body

Richard

View attachment 1715713471
Richard, I’ve looked at your web site and can’t find the kits you mentioned. Is there a part number or specific place on the site you could give me? Thanks, I’ll order a kit as soon as I can get a number.

@azaustin, I just sent you a private message in regards to the pricing and parts numbers.

For various styles of the push in nylon straps with the two pins, in most situations, they were used in areas in which the inner fender is recessed for clearance purposes and to stiffen the panel.

-
Back