-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dustoff440

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I've been trying to source the oil plug that is threaded that screws into the block that the oil filter screws onto and the seal that goes behind the plate that the oil fliter seal goes up against, ideas???

if i read that right you mean the double male ended tube that goes into the block and oil filter spins onto?

junk yard would be my only guess unless you can remove that seal intact and measure it...

my crate engine didn't come with the filter backing plate, or the double threaded fitting that you screw the filter onto, so i had to find one off and old smallblock, your best bet it probably a junk yard...unless you want to spend the money on a remote or 90 degree adaptor...here's a link to just the plate and its $40 by itself w/o the threaded piece..
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CTR-22-575/
summit sells the 90 degree ones too..but for $200 a trip to the junk yard it worth it IMO
maybe a chrysler dealer? but oem usually = arm+leg...
good luck

FYI...i also i had to use a good amount of gasket maker to get it to seal w/o leaking

Thanks guys for the replies, I was able to order what I needed from the local Chrysler dealership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back