SPAM thread

-

4flats

Reaction score
That scrapple thread got me thinking about SPAM. Love it or hate it, it is a force of nature. It now comes in many different flavors - tobasco, maple, turkey. It's a delecacy in Hawii and the Phillipenes. They even sell "collector's" retro tins.

What's your favorite recipe? I like it sliced thin and fried with eggs.

How do you get the rest of the family to enjoy this exotic treat? I tell them it is something else (enjoying your prime rib, Honey? Tender, huh?)

What is that nasty clear jelly it is packed in?

How much can possibly be left over when they process a pig to make "normal" meats?
My grocery store sells pg tail, pig ears even complete pig FACE!! Not to mention chiterlins. What could possibly be left over for the SPAM people to use?

Love scrapple, spam is ok if I fry it crispy to harden the gel.
Hope you don't mind some Monty 4flats. This cracks me up. :toothy10:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_eYSuPKP3Y"]YouTube - Spam[/ame]

I whip 4 eggs, chopped tobasco flavored Spam in small squares and fry for just a short time to brown 8), Then I put the chopped Spam in my whipped eggs add just a drop of vanilla and a pinch of cinnamon and whip it together, corn oil in a skillet and heat to about med high. pour the mix in and have Velveta cheese sliced and ready for the darn best omelet =P~=P~ Time to take time for breakfast :happy10:

I almost feel it's my patriotic duty to eat Spam once in a while. It's a big part of our history. It was one of the first 'convenience' foods, before that you had to buy meat from the butcher. I've heard it's made from pork shoulder. You can do anything with it. My Grandma made sweet and sour Spam. The low-sodium kind they make now is plenty salty and tastes just as good. My favorite is to make a fried rice using left over rice from chinese take-out.

Hope you don't mind some Monty 4flats. This cracks me up. :toothy10:

Genius!

I don't know how to do multiple quotes, but MeMike - Love it. One of my favorite omlets - I'm gonna try yours.

The reason SPAM is a delicacy in Hawii and the Phillipenes is because of US servicemen in WWII, That and not a lot of room to raise beef. So, yes, It is our patriotic duty to eat the "King of canned meats".

Wife made some sort of funky Spam Roll for one of our Deliverance (long story) party we had. Even our 2 dogs turned there nose up at it. If I can find the cook book, anyone interested in it? I will even pay the shipping....

Any one ever tried grilling spam (I mean besides cousin Eddie)? I might try it tonoght just to see what happens. Should hold together. Maybe with pineapple and brown sugar.

Ooooh, yeah. Fried spam on toast with mayonase, lettuce and a lot of black pepper. That's jumpin'!

Hawaii lives on spam, its even on the breakfast menu at Mcdonalds, and a stack of spam misubi at every 7-11.
reason is because thats the only meat that was available during WW2, spam and those funky vienna sausages.

Anybody up for a vienna sausage thread? We've already got spam, scrapple, and hot dogs. It's like pig-scrap appreciation day!

With the holidays fast approaching, it's time again to think of Spam. I haven't tried any of the "flavors" yet but the Bacon flavor gets rave reviews. It's hard to find though, Super Wal-Marts carry it...that's the bad news...

I like it simple. Fried Spam on white bread with mustard.

Spam Benedict.

Better than that canadian bacon stuff. :poke:

Spam and velveeta cheese sandwiches, had that in Canada while fishing. They're great, but I was so hungry I would've eaten the north side of a south bound bear.

:D

Yeah I usually pack spam around on a bird hunt or something. It is delicious at the end of a long day.

-
Back