Spark plug dilemma (efi+N20)

-

340Duster247

Reaction score
Hey guys hoping some of you spark plug experts can help me find what I’m looking for. My problem is my 408 eddy headed is going to be sprayed with a 150 shot, so I require a cold plug that’s NON Projected. Easy enough, but I also run a self learning efi system that requires you to run a resistor type spark plug to prevent emi RF noise.
I’ve exhausted myself trying to find a plug that’s both non projected, resistor, 5/8 wrench.colder temp With no luck.
I’ve also tried to find NGK resistor caps but can’t find any in Canada and summits said their not allowed to **** NGK to Canada (not sure why)
Anyways hopefully someone here might be able to help me out.
Thanks guys

Hey guys hoping some of you spark plug experts can help me find what I’m looking for. My problem is my 408 eddy headed is going to be sprayed with a 150 shot, so I require a cold plug that’s NON Projected. Easy enough, but I also run a self learning efi system that requires you to run a resistor type spark plug to prevent emi RF noise.
I’ve exhausted myself trying to find a plug that’s both non projected, resistor, 5/8 wrench.colder temp With no luck.
I’ve also tried to find NGK resistor caps but can’t find any in Canada and summits said their not allowed to **** NGK to Canada (not sure why)
Anyways hopefully someone here might be able to help me out.
Thanks guys

Why do you need resistor plugs if you have resistor wires?

I don’t know.... it what they say to use
“You should use resistor type spark plugs with an EFI system, to suppress electrical noise/interference.”

Use shielded wiring on the injectors and crank/cam pickup and forget about the resistor type plugs

Gentlemen,
Re spark plugs. If the engine is of the LA family, it uses 3/4" reach spark plugs. Therefore, the AC R42 or R43 are incorrect as they are 3/8" reach plugs. For a LA engine a NON projected nose plug would be AC 43XL OR 42XL. For Champion N3 or N4 or something that has a slightly hotter heat range could be considered. You are not dumping the 150 HP nitrous load continuously, only on "special occasions", you could probably use Champion N-10Y (projected nose plug) as the incoming fuel charge will cool the plug yet the plug will be hot enough to keep itself clean furing non nitrous operation. Fuel mixture and spark advance are other factors that must be addressed. The NGK, AUTOLITE, E3, etc. proponents will have their own preferences and opinions.
Bob Renton

-
Back