spark plug wires question

-

leblanc

member 2883
Reaction score
I have a 1979 360 rated at 350 plus HP in my Dart Sport and I figure it's about time I change my spark plug wires but I have a slight problem...my valve covers are not stock and are fairly tall. Normal 360 wires barely fit, I used universal fit ready made wires before which are a bit longer with success but I can't seem to find them anymore, so should I use big block wires or is there something else out there that is not overly priced that I could use? I would like to stay around $50-$60 for a set if I could.
THANKS

Companies make universal cut-to-fit wire sets that you can customize to your needs. The kits usually include a crimper to help assemble the distributor ends of the wires. Basically, you put the boot on, crimp the brass end on per instructions, and (lube a bit) pull the boot over it before installing (Always cut longer.). Make sure you order the correct ends, but some come with OEM and HEI distributor ends.

I've seen some manufacturers list the lengths of their ready-to-install sets, but I don't recall who has them. More info may be available on the respective manufacturer website.

Summit has a good search engine that you can go be the engine you have and see the pricing. Then you can order from them or see if someone more local has that part # at a better price.

Make your own, you can use 90°boots to stop them from burning if you have headers.

-
Back