spark plugs and wires

-

68 A

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
On my first engine rebuild, and i was wondering what temp plugs i would need. ITs a 318, 9.6 compression, comp XE268 cam, edelbrock performer rpm intake, headers.

Also, i would like recomendations on some plug wires as i would like to keek them neat and keep the engine compartment look clean. could you tell me what kind/length and mabye post a pic of your engine bay?

Thanks

I would stick with stockers, maybe a hair colder at #64s. (autolite, just what i prefer. plain coppers). i have a msd 6a and msd heli-core universal wires. r&m separators

000_0027.jpg

000_0028.jpg

little clearer shot of the separators with the old look of the engine :pirat:
DFE4.jpg

Start with the 318 heat range plug and go down from there.

I've had good luck running ngk's....as for wires i like Taylor made cut to fit,so you can run them which ever way you choose.........

OH, now that 340's rule mentions it, I myself like to cut my own wires for each engine and route it takes. I mostly do it like Goody does. But even on a stock route, the pre fabbed wires are not allways the correct length. Sometimes there tight or way to long.

You may want to go with the plugs for a 5.2/5.9 magnum engine. They are a 5/8" hex but have the same thread and reach as the 13/19" hex spec'd for the LA engine. This will make installing/removing plugs with headers much easier. I am running Autolite 3923 which are one heat range colder than stock.

Also, get cut to fit wires with multi-angle boots. This will allow you to route the wires the best way to fit around the header tubes. Typically cylinders 5 & 7 work best if the boot is 90 degrees and you route the wire under the tube.

-
Back